cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox account credit not applied

I referred a friend and didn't get the extra space. Any ideas?

cheyne
New member | Level 2

Hi, I referred a friend and did not get any extra storage. How can I contact dropbox support. The robot chat doesn't work.

24 Replies 24

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for reaching out @robar93!

If they didn't use an invitation link sent by you, I'm afraid it's expected that you wouldn't receive the referral space.

This is because they could have been referred multiple times, each time by a different person. For the correct referrer to receive the space, they need to use their link.

If they no longer had the link, you could resend a new link from the "Copy link" option from here.

I understand that this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear, but please let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

robar93
New member | Level 2

Hi Daphne and thanks for the reply! 

I understand the reasoning, but then the wording on the "check invitation status" page should really be changed to not make it sound like "signing up with the same email" is enough. 

Also, a simple "resend invitation" button would have kept all of this from happening. I only found the "Copy link" option after things had already gone wrong. Let me just leave this here as a feature suggestion for the future. 

orangeflava
New member | Level 2

finally got my referral to sign up to dropbox a few minutes ago to claim that 500gb additional space but now my account says that the user already has an account instead of giving me the 500gb space. How do we fix this?

My account is [removed per the Community's Guidelines] and the referral just signed up with the email [removed per the Community's Guidelines] as requested but I still do not see my credit. When I do a check it says the user already has a dropbox when it didn't say that just a few minutes ago right before the sign up. how can I get assistance with this? They are both basic accounts and I cannot find any live chat or email support option on this site. Been looking for 30 minutes now. Please help!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hi there, @orangeflava, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Could you check with the other user if they clicked directly on the invitation you sent them to set up their account?

Also, could you clarify exactly what the status of the referral under your Plan tab's Space earned is?

If you could send me a screenshot (without any personal info), that would be super helpful. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ssartist
New member | Level 2

hi all.

Similar issue—have been a long-time user—no referrals in a long time until recently when I set up a new account for my mother—with the referral—but I didn't get it.

Is there any way to check to see how to get the credit? thanks!

--ss

Mark
Super User II

What is www.dropbox.com/referral_status showing?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Manuela29
New member | Level 2

I made a recommendation and my family member followed all the steps and they still haven't given us the 500mb reward. What can we do?

Rich
Super User II

@Manuela29 wrote:
I made a recommendation and my family member followed all the steps and they still haven't given us the 500mb reward. What can we do?

You can find the status of your referrals on your Referrals page. Did they install the Dropbox application on a unique computer? Mobile devices (phone, tablets, etc.) do not count.

COCHRANBGC
New member | Level 2
I send a link to friends so they can sign up to dropbox. We are both supposed to receive 500 meg of space I never see my space increase what’s happening?

Rich
Super User II

@COCHRANBGC  wrote:
I send a link to friends so they can sign up to dropbox. We are both supposed to receive 500 meg of space I never see my space increase what’s happening?

You can check the status of your referrals on your Referrals page.

Need more support?