cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got invited to a Dropbox team; will I get charged?

Just got invited to a Dropbox team; will I get charged?

JohnKris
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Somebody invited me to a dropbox team. I had a free account ages ago and it lapsed, so I had no prior active account. Will this cost me? The guy told me he just started it and won't be paying for it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@JohnKris wrote:

I had no active account, though I guess accepting the invitation and logging in gave me an account. I'm just hoping I don't get charged as he later told me I just set it up and have no intention of paying for it. It's a reddit thing.

You wouldn't be charged if you didn't provide billing information. If it was a Business team account that you were invited to join, and I'm betting that it was, that is a paid account. If he has no intention of paying then he likely started a trial which will only last for 30 days.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@JohnKris wrote:

Somebody invited me to a dropbox team. I had a free account ages ago and it lapsed, so I had no prior active account. Will this cost me? The guy told me he just started it and won't be paying for it.

If he invited you to a Business team account, then there would be no cost to you as you would be using one of his paid licenses. If this is just a shared folder, you can add it to your own account and you wouldn't need to pay as long as you have enough available space to hold the folder. If the folder was too large to fit in your account, you would need to upgrade for more space.

JohnKris
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had no active account, though I guess accepting the invitation and logging in gave me an account. I'm just hoping I don't get charged as he later told me I just set it up and have no intention of paying for it. It's a reddit thing.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@JohnKris wrote:

You wouldn't be charged if you didn't provide billing information. If it was a Business team account that you were invited to join, and I'm betting that it was, that is a paid account. If he has no intention of paying then he likely started a trial which will only last for 30 days.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    JohnKris New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?