cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account got downgraded - can you help me?

My account got downgraded - can you help me?

Chris M.116
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I received an email 2 days ago telling me I have until September 6th to pay for my next month of Dropbox Pro. I was downgraded this morning. I need it upgraded again until the said date. I plan on paying for the next month before then.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DD1
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey Chris!

Sorry for being unclear. Your settings with Dropbox were likely on as you received the emails as you said yourself. What I meant was that your auto-renew settings in the GooglePlay store were switched to Off. 

The experience you're describing sounds very much as if Google switched off your auto-renew. That can happen when there is a payment issue, or just if you cancelled through Google. At this moment, it looks like this is an issue with Google and not with Dropbox, but I can't verify this until you log a support ticket with us.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Can you post a screenshot from www.dropbox.com/account of your upgrade dates?

Dropbox is a subscription service so payments go through automatically - you dont need to go and manually do it month on month so it sounds like the payment failed. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Chris M.116
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Yes, the payment did fail. But I got an email message 2 days ago saying it would be downgrade after September 6th. I was planning to pay this next week, long before the 6th.

Chris M.116
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am on my phone right now and not seeing an option to add a screenshot

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You would need to upload it to Dropbox and then paste a shared link here or the file itself. 

Unfortunately as you've not paid I dont think there is anything you can do other then upgrade soon as possible. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Chris M.116
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I can't upload to Dropbox because my subscription has been downgraded. I should not have been downgraded before 9/6!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

I can only assume the second email is a mistake I'm afraid. 

Being totally honest the only way to even attempt to get it upgraded until the 6th (although thats probably not going to happen) would be via a ticket but as a now free user replies do take many days. 

Chris M.116
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Well, I really need to upload some files this morning. I was considering buying the business package, but now I am not going to use Dropbox at all. With customer service like this, I can't afford to trust this company. This conversation will be spread far and wide. You can't tell someone they have until a certain date to pay and then change that. Even if it was an error, it shold be taken care of immediately.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Well, I really need to upload some files this morning

So pay for and upgrade today and you can. Instantly. 

You can't tell someone they have until a certain date to pay and then change that.

Log a ticket and request support, but, ultimately you are not paying for the service (which by the 22nd of August they'd tried numerous times to charge you for and failed). The same would happen on Business - in fact lots of companies wouldn't even give you the grace period and instantly cut you off. 

Personally I think they've been more than reasonable - especially when you consider they email you before hand to say they are going to charge you so you've actually had ample notice that you are going to be charged.

Effectively what you are after is two weeks free use. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    kace New member | Level 2
    ts510 New member | Level 2
    DD1 Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?