cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded the incorrect account

Upgraded the incorrect account

kim55
New member | Level 2

My boss has a dropbox account and I have access to it for adding files for work purposes.  I tried to set up my own dropbox account for personal files and the upgrade and the charge was applied to his dropbox account.  My personal dropbox account does have a different email address so I am planning on using a different browser to access my dropbox to make things less confusing but for now I need to fix this because my account shows it is basic and I paid for storage that he has on his account now.  Help!! How can I fix this?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@kim55 wrote:

I tried to set up my own dropbox account for personal files and the upgrade and the charge was applied to his dropbox account. ... How can I fix this?

There isn't an easy way to fix that. An account upgrade can't be transferred from one account to another. The only thing you can do is swap the accounts. You can swap the email addresses on the accounts (you'll need a third email to do this), then use a shared folder to move files between the accounts. Basically, you'll take over his account and he'll take over your account.

Alternatively, just ask your boss to pay for an upgrade to your account and you'll both have the upgrade.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?