cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: Unauthorized Dropbox Subscription Charge on New Credit Card

Urgent: Unauthorized Dropbox Subscription Charge on New Credit Card

Sultale
New member | Level 2

I am getting charged for a yearly subscription on a new credit card that I did not provide to Dropbox on an account for a company that I haven't worked for in over 7 years. I called the number on the credit card statement and it just sends me to your website which is an endless loop providing no real contact with a human to have this issue resolved. 

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi there, @Sultale, welcome to our Community!

Is it possible that your credit card was somehow compromised? Have you contacted your bank about this?

Have you tried to contact Dropbox Support directly for this?

You can visit the Support page while you're not signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Once you do, feel free to send me the ticket number reference, in order for me to locate it on my end.

Let me know more! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Sultale
New member | Level 2
Hi Megan,

I wanted to clarify that my card has not been compromised. I've already been in touch with my bank, and they advised me to contact Dropbox. Unfortunately, it's been quite challenging to receive prompt assistance, as it seems impossible to connect with a human representative. I did visit the support section, but I'm still waiting for someone to reach out and help me resolve the issue.

Helen DBX
Dropbox Staff
Hello @Sultale 

Helen from Dropbox here. Thanks for reaching out about the transaction. I hope you don't mind me jumping in here.

I have logged a ticket for you, ref 23487005. (If you’re logged into your Dropbox account, this is the email address).  We can then check out this unrecognised payment as soon as you reply with the requested information. 

I appreciate your patience and we look forward to your response on email. 

Best regards, 
Helen 
The Dropbox Team
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Helen DBX Dropbox Staff
    Sultale New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?