cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: So FRUSTRATED

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can login successfully,  but needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

Before immigration, login dropbox never needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

After immigration, it needs me to check 6-digit code in email. (same computer)

My email account was disabled (long time no use and I forgot the password), I can't login to my email to check the 6-digit code.

I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Paddy123, is there any chance you have any devices that are still linked to that Dropbox account (via a desktop/mobile app)? 

If yes, please check their notifications as the one-time code may be there.

Let me know how that goes.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

390 Replies 390

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Keyonkk, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The 6 digit security code is used when you access the Dropbox account from a different location for security purposes.

Without access to the email address itself, it wouldn't be possible to read this code. Is it not possible to recreate the email address and attempt to login again?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi @Jay 

I asked email support, they need me to to give them Phone No. , last 2 email sent within 7 days, rescue email account .

I won't remember because the email account was created 10 years ago and I didn't use more than 5 years.  

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If this is what the support team requires, then you'd need to provide that information in order for them to assist you further. 

Do you have the ticket ID in order to locate it on the system?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@Jay , Yes...dropbox support already gave me the ticket no.

And yes, I won't use that email (yxhxx mail) ever. 

samantha6
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have tried every way possible to access my account or try to get in touch with somebody to be able to access my account since the email originally used is inaccessible and the 6 digit code they send can't be used.  I have the correct email and password let me in my account so I can cancel this!!!  

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@samantha6 wrote:

I have tried every way possible to access my account or try to get in touch with somebody to be able to access my account since the email originally used is inaccessible and the 6 digit code they send can't be used.

If you're being sent a verification code when signing in, then without access to the email address you won't be able to sign in to your account. Your best option to get into the account would be to contact the email provider and see if the email address can be reactivated.

I have the correct email and password let me in my account so I can cancel this!!!  

If you need to cancel the billing on the account and you can't sign in, you'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

retailaspesi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

when I try to use dropbox on a pc it asks me to enter a verification code in an email account that I don't have access to because it was created by a person who no longer works with us

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@retailaspesi wrote:

when I try to use dropbox on a pc it asks me to enter a verification code in an email account that I don't have access to because it was created by a person who no longer works with us

Without access to the email address you won't be able to sign in to the account. Your best option is to contact the mail provider and see if the email account can be reactivated. If it was a company email address, your IT group should be able to easily reactivate the email account.

Nicolas666
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have used dropbox for many years. yesterday i accidentally delete my email account with microsoft and they are not able to recover it anymore. today when i tried to log on to dropbox, it initiates a verification to send a code to the old email address. i do remember my account username and password, any way to bypass this and let me change my username within the system? i have important information within my account.

Need more support?