cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access old Dropbox account, no access to old email, not sure of username.

Can’t access old Dropbox account, no access to old email, not sure of username.

Gee5
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, I’m looking for help from Dropbox, but can’t seem to find a way of engaging directly with them.  I have a current Dropbox account, which is working fine.  However, I had a previous account under an email address which I can no longer access.  I’ve contacted the ESP provider (old ntl email) but struggling.  Is there a way of contacting Dropbox with this for help to access this account.  I can provide verification ID if required.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Gee5, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link.

From there you should be able to contact support. Make sure to pick an email to which you can receive and send emails from.

Once you get a ticket ID from the automated response, please let me know the number here so I can locate it in our system.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Gee5, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link.

From there you should be able to contact support. Make sure to pick an email to which you can receive and send emails from.

Once you get a ticket ID from the automated response, please let me know the number here so I can locate it in our system.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Gee5
Explorer | Level 4
Hi Jay, thank you. Ticket number is 23017317

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Awesome job @Gee5!

I was able to locate the ticket, and also passed my comments there. One of our agents will be with you shortly. 

Thanks a bunch! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Gee5
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Megan

Garethluyt1
Explorer | Level 3
I have the same issue lost all my photos and pics of honeymoon and travels how can I access surely there must be a solution.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to hear this, @Garethluyt1. Have you tried contacting our support team already about this? If yes, can I get your ticket number please?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Garethluyt11
New member | Level 2
I am unable to reset my password or change my login name as I no longer have access to my old email address . What do I do

Garethluyt1
Explorer | Level 3
Yes they are unable to help as I am unable to access the email address that my Dropbox account is linked too

Rich
Super User II

@Garethluyt11 wrote:
I am unable to reset my password or change my login name as I no longer have access to my old email address . What do I do

You can try contacting Support, but without access to the email account, it may not be possible to gain access to the Dropbox account. You need to maintain an active email address on your account so you can receive password resets and one-time security codes used during sign in.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Dude5 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?