cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Does dropbox delete a maxed out account that has been inactive?

Does Dropbox delete a maxed out account that has been inactive?

jdowns
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I had maxed out my basic plan and hadn't really been using dropbox since. i went to reference something in there and everything but ONE photo had been deleted. Why did this happen? 

Thanks!

11 Replies 11

jdowns
New member | Level 2

to clarify, it has been at least a couple years since using my dropbox.

Mark
Super User II

Hi @jdowns 

Yes, Dropbox removes accounts that have not been logged in to in the past 12 months. So any files in that account would be removed after 12 months. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jdowns
New member | Level 2

okay thank you, that's what i thought. is there any way of restoring that? but why would one photo be left in there??

Mark
Super User II

Hi @jdowns 

No, there is no way to recover them. 

You can see what has happened on the account at www.dropbox.com/events around activity like deletions etc. It will only show the most recent ones, however. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jdowns
New member | Level 2

It says there is no activity to show.

banko
Explorer | Level 4
Hallo guys, my Dropbox account got deactivated Almost 1,5/ 2 years ago because an issue with breaking the policies. They said there was a file inside, which is Not allowed. Now my question: u see any chance to get my account back?

Thanks!

Rich
Super User II

@banko wrote:
my Dropbox account got deactivated Almost 1,5/ 2 years ago ... u see any chance to get my account back?

No. Once an account has been deleted, there's no way to recover the account or the files that it contained.

banko
Explorer | Level 4
But they said its deactivated, isnt that sth else? Thanks for fast answer!

Rich
Super User II

@banko wrote:
But they said its deactivated, isnt that sth else? Thanks for fast answer!

Deactivated nearly 2 years ago. Accounts are deleted after a year of no activity.

Need more support?