cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email sent from dropbox to a non-existant email address

Email sent from dropbox to a non-existant email address

CW10
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi. I've received an email (Subject: Updates to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. From: no-reply@dropbox.com) which was sengt to a user who doesn't exist on a domain I own. The To: address was [removed per the Community's Guidelines]

There is no such email account on the in4action.com domain nor anyone with that name at the company. I was wondering if there was anyway to check to see if someone has set up a bogus account using that email address?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @CW10,

изображение.png

As can be seen on the above screenshot, a company IN4ACTION (1) exists with Micaela Benyas (2) there as a contact person. You can check the site URL (3) and contact there for the issue resolution. 😉 Seems like a typing mistake.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @CW10,

изображение.png

As can be seen on the above screenshot, a company IN4ACTION (1) exists with Micaela Benyas (2) there as a contact person. You can check the site URL (3) and contact there for the issue resolution. 😉 Seems like a typing mistake.

Hope this helps.

CW10
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for responding. I think the URL leads to a dummy page showing the work that a graphics company does.

It appears to be Brazilian and I'm afraid my understanding of Portuguese is very poor. They have a contact email for Micaela Benyas there with the email address [removed per the Community's Guidelines]

Thanks again.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

CW10 New member | Level 2
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?