cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you new to Dropbox? Our Newcomers group is the perfect place to learn the basics, find out more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't access my dropbox. The email is no longer active. How can I access dropbox

I can't access my dropbox. The email is no longer active. How can I access dropbox

abueljebain
Explorer | Level 3

11 Replies 11

maher1982
Super User

I'm not entirely certain, but it seems that without access to the email address, gaining entry to the Dropbox account is unlikely. You might consider reaching out to the email provider and requesting that the email address be reinstated, even if only temporarily.

abueljebain
Explorer | Level 3

Your community keeps sending me links to things that do not help. 

abueljebain
Explorer | Level 3

You are the first one that says we can not help. Thanks

maher1982
Super User

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. To the best of my knowledge, if you had access to the associated email, you could attempt a password reset. This would send a reset link to the email if the Dropbox account still exists. However, since you don't have access to the email, this option isn't available to you. Additionally, it's worth noting that Dropbox accounts left idle for more than a year are often deleted due to inactivity, as per my information.
Regrettably, without access to the email, regaining access to the Dropbox account is not possible.

Again I say that you might consider contacting the email service provider to see if they can reinstate your email address, even temporarily.

Mark
Super User II

We need to know why, what happens etc. as well as any error messages if we are going to try and assist.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mark
Super User II

Hi @abueljebain 

I'm afraid @maher1982 is almost certainly right - it is in the Dropbox help centre files that without access to email its pretty certain you cannot gain access again. See here for that document. 

You can try and contact support at www.dropbox.com/support but do not hold your breath I'm afraid

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

abueljebain
Explorer | Level 3

So, all 9 GB since 2008 is gone? 

Mark
Super User II

@abueljebain wrote:

So, all 9 GB since 2008 is gone? 

Quite possibly unless you can get access to the email etc. again. 

Note as well that if you dont/havent logged in for over 12 months the account is also removed for inactivity.

abueljebain
Explorer | Level 3

After several trials with community, we failed to access dropbox. Have been a user since 2009 with 9GB of storage. Accessed dropbox three to four times daily. Now my IT recommended we all (me along with 100 employees and their families) to move to Google Drive. Thank you dropbox community for all your attention.  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    abueljebain Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?