cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I have I just set up an account but I put the wrong email

I have I just set up an account but I put the wrong email, so I can't verify the account.

dictroi
Explorer | Level 3

I got a new laptop and set up a dropbox account. Unfortunately, I misspelled 1 letter on the email and now i cant get access to verify with the 6-digit code. How can i correct my email?

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

@dictroi wrote:

I ... set up a dropbox account. Unfortunately, I misspelled 1 letter on the email and now i cant get access to verify with the 6-digit code.

You won't be able to access the account if you're not able to receive the security code, and there's no way to change your email without access to the account.

If you just created the account, create a new one with the correct email.

dictroi
Explorer | Level 3

Ok and I suppose I wont be able to use the HP promo that came with it?

Rich
Super User II

@dictroi wrote:

Ok and I suppose I wont be able to use the HP promo that came with it?

If you already redeemed it, no, you wouldn't be able to use it again.

Where was the typo in your domain name? Was it in your name before the @ or in the domain after it? And is the email on a custom domain that you control, or something more like Gmail, Yahoo, an ISP, etc.?

dictroi
Explorer | Level 3

I put a o instead of a 0 in the name before the @

Rich
Super User II

@dictroi wrote:

I put a o instead of a 0 in the name before the @

If the email domain is one where you can create another account, like a Gmail or Yahoo, I'd try creating a new email address with the same typo you used on Dropbox. If you're able to, then you'll be able to receive the security code, sign in and change your email address on the account.

If you're not able to create another email address with the same typo, then the account (and HP bonus) are lost.

Need more support?