cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-factor authentication doesn't work the way I want it to.

Multi-factor authentication doesn't work the way I want it to.

Jodignyc
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I use Dropbox on the web on my work computer and even though I have selected to have multi-factor authentication it just loads my data without doing that. I could go a month or longer without accessing it and type “Dropbox login” in the browser and my full account comes up, again without any authenticating. What can I do to ensure I always authenticate before my account can be accessed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jodignyc
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you so much! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Jodignyc wrote:
I use Dropbox on the web on my work computer and even though I have selected to have multi-factor authentication it just loads my data without doing that.

When you signed in you, you left the Remember me option checked. This sets a cookie in your browser and will remember you until you sign out.

3df37637c43978af21cc29c01a30f677.png

What can I do to ensure I always authenticate before my account can be accessed?

Sign out of Dropbox, then sign back in with that option unchecked. Dropbox will remember you as long as the browser is open. As soon as you close the browser, it will forget your session and you'll be forced to sign in again.

Jodignyc
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you so much! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jodignyc Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?