cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My Dropbox Account has been suspended and my team cannot access to my shared folder

My Dropbox Account has been suspended and my team cannot access to my shared folder

eladioroos78
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Dear Dropbox Community,

I am writing to seek assistance regarding the suspension of my Dropbox account. Recently, my Dropbox administrator suspended my account, resulting in all the files that I have created becoming unavailable on any computer. Moreover, many of these files are shared folders that are inaccessible to my team members due to my suspension.

Unfortunately, my Dropbox administrator has poor expertise in managing Dropbox, and I am unable to make her understand the situation, and she said that I deleted all the shared folder. Hence, I am hoping to access any documentation or support that could assist me in demonstrating to my superiors what actually happened.

Could you please advise me on how to proceed? I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

Eladio

12 Replies 12

eladioroos78
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

What you say is very reasonable. At this moment I am not trying to recover my account, or the files stored in it, everything there is belong to the company. I'm just trying to clarify the situation with my employer, but they don't believe me and think that I delete those files. When the reality is that the files were removed once my account was suspended. My biggest concern is that my mental health is being affected trying to clarify this situation, and my profession and reputation are being damaged. Thanks for your guidance.

tiffer1967
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I used Dropbox via my personal email for a number of years. I was given access to files of a company that I was working with for a year. On leaving they were slow to end the shared access. In the meantime I have continued to use Dropbox via my personal email & have save many new files that relate to the business of the next company I worked for. 

Completely out of nowhere I received an email from Dropbox stated that my email/account were suspended & that I should contact the administrator to resolve this. I have no idea who the administrator is. How can I resolve this serious issue if I don't know who I'm to contact?

I have tried to reset the password relating to the email I use for Dropbox & I can't even do that. I get the error message stating that my account is suspended.

There are some extremely important tax documents that I urgently need to provide to the tax authorities & our tax advisors, this really is a serious matter for me & would really appreciate any help that anyone can give. I'm in a desperate position as a result of this situation.

Many thanks.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @tiffer1967, thanks for posting here today! 

If I understand correctly, you were added to a Business team, and your Dropbox account has been suspended. 

In that case, only your team admin can unsuspend it on their end. After that, they can convert the account to a personal one instead.

Do you have any old emails, that you can use in order to locate the team's admin? 

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?