cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dropbox Account has been suspended and my team cannot access to my shared folder

My Dropbox Account has been suspended and my team cannot access to my shared folder

eladioroos78
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Dear Dropbox Community,

I am writing to seek assistance regarding the suspension of my Dropbox account. Recently, my Dropbox administrator suspended my account, resulting in all the files that I have created becoming unavailable on any computer. Moreover, many of these files are shared folders that are inaccessible to my team members due to my suspension.

Unfortunately, my Dropbox administrator has poor expertise in managing Dropbox, and I am unable to make her understand the situation, and she said that I deleted all the shared folder. Hence, I am hoping to access any documentation or support that could assist me in demonstrating to my superiors what actually happened.

Could you please advise me on how to proceed? I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

Eladio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Sadly, there isnt. Dropbox will only (and rightfully if we are being honest here) talk to people who are authorised to discuss the account etc. They cannot talk to people who are not part of it morally or legally - after all you were removed and as far as they are concerned that is the end of it. You could have been removed for any reason. Its no different to if you left the company and everything was on an internal shared drive or folder - they are not able to give you the info. 

Have you offered to go in to the company and try and troubleshoot with them? If that doesnt work and you are being badmouthed by the company legal action is your only solution. Dropbox is not, at all, able to assist now. If they did the company itself would, very rightly, have good grounds for legal action itself. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @eladioroos78, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It sounds like you were deleted from a Dropbox Business team, meaning that your account was deleted. This would prevent you from logging into your account entirely

In order to reactivate the account, if it hasn't been longer than 7 days since the account deletion, the team admin can follow these steps to restore it.

If you still need to leave the team (if that was the original intention), you can ask the team admin to convert your account back to a Basic plan.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

eladioroos78
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your prompt response.

According to the automated message sent by Dropbox, my account was suspended by my administrator, and I have not received any notification of my account being deleted. All my files started to be deleted from my computer as soon as I received that notification. What's even more concerning is that all the shared folders I created were removed from all computers of the members with whom I shared those folders, most likely due to my account suspension.

Currently, my Dropbox administrator is accusing me to delete those files when I did not take any such action. This situation is causing me a great deal of concern, and I'm uncertain of how to proceed. Can you please provide me with any guidance or support to address this issue?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If your account has been suspended by the team admin, there is nothing you can do to reactivate it, since you're only a team member. 

Only the team admin can reactivate your account from their end using the steps I previously mentioned in my earlier post.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

eladioroos78
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Jay,

Thank you once again for your prompt responses.

I totally understand. But in my case, I do not intend to have my Dropbox account reactivated, what I would like is for other team members to have access to the folders and files that I have created. But due to the suspension of my Dropbox account, all those folders disappeared from the computers of the other team members.

Is there a way to keep those folders accessible without needing to reactivate my Dropbox account?

Eladio

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @eladioroos78, based on what you mentioned about your suspension, it sounds like the admin that suspended you chose to delete files from any devices you may be signed into.

In this case, the best thing they can do is contact our support directly since they're on a paid team, in order for our agents to see what they can do, in order to retrieve any missing files. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

eladioroos78
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Dear Megan,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I cannot contact Technical Support because my business account has been suspended. I have tried to find a way to contact Technical Support using my personal account, but I have not been successful in doing so.

Regarding the accusations made by my employer, I strongly believe that the files have not been deleted. They were only removed from the computers of the users with whom I shared those files (which was the entire organization) when my account was suspended. I would like to request guidance on how to request an audit in the Dropbox History to clear up all of these misunderstandings.

Can you please advise me on the best way to proceed and speak directly with Technical Support?

Thank you for your help and support during this difficult time.

Best regards,

Eladio

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @eladioroos78 

As its in a business plan the only people who are get assistance on it are people in that plan - i.e. not you now. 

All support is accessed via www.dropbox.com/support BUT they will not help somebody who does not currently have access to the files. If the other users are having issues *they* need to ask support for assistance. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

eladioroos78
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Mark, thanks for your comments.

I understand that part and that's my frustration that I can't query technical support because my account was suspended and I have no way to prove that I didn't delete those files. It's very frustrating because the accusation my employer is making could damage my career and reputation. And there is no way that Dropbox can guide me on how to solve this case. I don't want my account to be re-established, I just want to prove that the shared folders created by me were removed from the computers once my account was suspended.

I hope someone has an idea to help me solve this problem.

Thanks for your help.

Eladio

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Sadly, there isnt. Dropbox will only (and rightfully if we are being honest here) talk to people who are authorised to discuss the account etc. They cannot talk to people who are not part of it morally or legally - after all you were removed and as far as they are concerned that is the end of it. You could have been removed for any reason. Its no different to if you left the company and everything was on an internal shared drive or folder - they are not able to give you the info. 

Have you offered to go in to the company and try and troubleshoot with them? If that doesnt work and you are being badmouthed by the company legal action is your only solution. Dropbox is not, at all, able to assist now. If they did the company itself would, very rightly, have good grounds for legal action itself. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    tiffer1967 New member | Level 2
    eladioroos78 Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?