cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My dropbox is empty, after joining Business team

My dropbox is empty, after joining Business team

jameshodgart
New member | Level 2

My dropbox is empty!

I had a personal dropbox for a long time, and had it filled with my personal documents and work.

I began working with a company who invited me to dropbox business, and i noticed i had both my own and access to theirs.

I tried to sign in today and noticed that it requested I sign up - so I did and noticed my entire dropbox is now empty and I have no access to anything?

Not entirely sure what to do at this point. Even if I sort the business side out with my company have I now lost all of my personal stuff?

Help!

3 Replies 3

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @jameshodgart, and thanks for posting here.

It sounds like the admin of the Business team deleted your Dropbox account, instead of converting it to a personal one again.

Is there any chance you created the new Dropbox account under a different email address than the original one? I’m asking because, if it's the same email, we may not be able to do much on our end either. 

Let me know, and we can take it from there.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jameshodgart
New member | Level 2

No I'm pretty sure it's the same one.

I wasn't confident on registering, but I thought it would allow me to use my account again - especially since you cannot post here without being signed in, and I didn't get any warning to say that if I re-registered my account it would any chance of recovery impossible.

At this point it now feels like I've not only lost all my data - but all the money I spent assuming it would be safe here.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @jameshodgart, if you made sure that you're looking at the correct account, could you have a look at your events page and let me know what you find?

This is the place where all uploads,edits, and deletions are normally logged so it should give you a hint.

Also, when was the last time you had signed into your account, prior to the incident you mentioned above with the sign out?

Can you check any email addresses you have, for any Dropbox-related emails there? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    jameshodgart New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?