cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to the email address linked to my account. How can I access if 2FA has been enabled?

No access to the email address linked to my account. How can I access if 2FA has been enabled?

Liviuv
Explorer | Level 3

Hi

When i created my dropbox account i used an gmail account based on a random phone number.This bellow

[email removed as per Community Guidelines

Now when i try to log in it says that it is "two factor log in" activated ( curriously i didn't done that )

Whatever i can't continue because the gmail adress doesn't exist .

I know even the password and still cannot enter in my dropbox account.Please help me 

Thank you    

10 Replies 10

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Liviuv, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Just to make sure we're on the same page here: does it ask you for the 2FA code, or our 6-digit-security code

I am afraid that without access to the email address, it'd be tough to gain access to the account itself. Do you have any old, connected devices that would help you see the files in the account?

If I were you, I'd try to contact the email service provider and see if they can reactivate the address -even temporarily- so you can receive the verification code.

Waiting for your reply!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Liviuv
Explorer | Level 3

Hi again,

When i created my account the confirmation code from email hasn't needed .

I mean that email adress was a fake one .What i ask you is acces in my dropbox account without that email name ( the invalid one).It has to be another method for verify my identity.

Hopping i will recuperate my pictures from my account 

Thank you

Rich
Super User II

@Liviuv wrote:

What i ask you is acces in my dropbox account without that email name ( the invalid one).It has to be another method for verify my identity.

If you don't have another device that's already connected to the Dropbox account, it wouldn't be possible to sign in without access to that email address.

Liviuv
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

Again that dress doesn't exist because at that moment you wouldn't need to acces the mail from that adress and enter in the a link provided .

Rich
Super User II

@Liviuv wrote:

Again that dress doesn't exist because at that moment you wouldn't need to acces the mail from that adress and enter in the a link provided .

Then it won't be possible to access the Dropbox account. I'd suggest you create a new account with a valid email address.

Liviuv
Explorer | Level 3

Hi 

It is impossible for me to believe that i lost my account

It has to be someone from the accounts administrators who can help me I provide another email adress wich is a valid one 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Liviuv, generally, this wouldn't be possible without access to the original email address, which is why we always recommend users create accounts using email address that they own and can access. 

Are you not able to create the email address yourself?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Liviuv
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I can create an email address but it not solve my problem.

I think it is impossible lose the data from the dropbox account .It has to be someone in charge to gain access to account using another way( a contact or a phone number were i can put my account credentials)

I expect a response can help me -no discussions that tell me all is impossible .

Thank you    

Jay
Dropbox Staff

You can try to contact the support team regarding this matter by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link

From there you should be able to contact support. Make sure to pick an email to which you can receive and send emails from.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Liviuv Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?