cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering Personal DropBox after Business Admin deletes member

Recovering Personal DropBox after Business Admin deletes member

thebattina
New member | Level 2

I have always used a personal DropBox account. I joined a team account and synced my accounts. When they deleted my team account, I can no longer access my personal files (neither email address is recognized). How do I regain access to those files? I cannot find any phone number or ability to contact DropBox to get help.

Any help please or a number to call?

4 Replies 4

thebattina
New member | Level 2

Can a Team Administrator unsuspend a team member to allow them to access their personal files?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @thebattina, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you've been deleted from a Dropbox Business team by the admin, then it isn't possible for you to recover the account directly.

You'll need to ask the admin to recover your account to the team, provided it hasn't been longer than 7 days, since that is the time allowed for them to recover a deleted user.

After that, they can convert the account to a personal account away from the team.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

fbenedetto
New member | Level 2

Hello there,

I have a paid account, but today, I combined it with a team invitation, and I noticed all my folders were shared, so I asked to go back to my previous condition and to be kicked off from the team account. The result is that I have lost my account with access to all my folders. Please help me

Rich
Super User II

@fbenedetto wrote:

I have a paid account, but today, I combined it with a team invitation, and I noticed all my folders were shared, so I asked to go back to my previous condition and to be kicked off from the team account. The result is that I have lost my account with access to all my folders.

When joining a Business team account you merge your account into their team account, effectively making them the owner of your account. In order to leave the team and keep your account the team admin needed to convert your account back to an individual account. If they just remove you from the team your account is deleted. When that happens, the team admin only has seven days to restore your account.

Reach out to the team admin and ask them to first restore your account, and then convert it back to an individual account. Dropbox can't do this; only the team admin can. You'll need to resubscribe to whatever paid plan you were on previously.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    fbenedetto New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    thebattina New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?