cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious email about a charge?

Suspicious email about a charge?

Megy86
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I received this email today and don’t know what to make of it. I definitely didn’t buy what is in the invoice. The email this came from is non-reply@dropbox.com. It has the drop box logo and at the bottom of the page it says Dropbox invoice but everything in the email says PayPal. I took screenshots I wish I could upload on here to show.

To: PayPal User
billing.receipt@PayPal.com
Issued March 24, 2023
Confirmation of Dogecoin (DOGE) purchase:
$634.83 via PayPal. Funds will reflect in account
Title within 24 hours. For refund or cancellation,
contact support at: +1_(888) 510-8004

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi @dmccandless @Megy86 and @Kennymb5384 

Thanks for reporting this. If you could forward these emails to abuse@dropbox.com we will be able to look into this matter in further detail.

Regards,

Ben

View solution in original post

35 Replies 35

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Megy86, thanks for posting here today! 

In regards to this email that you received, are you certain that it's coming from non-reply@dropbox.com? 

Based on the body, it sounds a bit odd indeed, but I'd love to be able to see some screenshots on my end of this too. When you try to respond back to me here, do you see a camera-like icon, in order to attach your content?

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Megy86
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
No I don’t see a camera. Is there another way to send a image or can forward the email somewhere?

Kennymb5384
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I just received the same email for the same amount. I do not notice any odd activity on my PayPal account, but the email did appear to come from a @paypal.com domain when you hit reply.

nicklato12
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

hi I received an invoice that was supposedly paid for a total of 780 dollars, I never use dropbox anymore and I cant find any information on this invoice it states it was for a Annual premium subscription and the email is a confirmed dropbox email that has sent me emails letting me know I have logged in before. I don't know who to contact and if this charge is actually going to be posted on my card. Thank you 

Tiffany08
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I also received one. And the email I got it from wasn't registered. Because I used that same address to create a new account.

dmccandless
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Just received the exact same email.

tempsnip.png

nicklato12
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Possibly a glitch or spam? Yahoo verified the sender of the email so I’m super confused

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@dmccandless wrote:

Just received the exact same email.

That's not an invoice from Dropbox. That's someone sending you an invoice (legitimate or not, I can't answer) using the Dropbox Invoice service. If you don't know the sender, be sure to research it thoroughly before making a payment.

Kennymb5384
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is the one I received.  Same amount, and it said it is:  Confirmation of Dogecoin (DOGE) purchase: $634.83 via PayPal. Funds will reflect in account within 24 hours. For refund or cancellation, contact support at:
+1 (888) 510-5776

Pasted_Image_3_27_23__8_56_AM.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BenDBX Community Manager
    dmccandless Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?