cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The one-time code doesn't work when logging into the Windows desktop app, nothing happens

The one-time code doesn't work when logging into the Windows desktop app, nothing happens

tedsaid
Explorer | Level 4

Hi! Just got a new windows desktop and trying to set up Dropbox. It sends me a one-time code to complete authentication. I paste this into the 6-digit code box, hit "Continue," and nothing happens. Literally nothing, just a quick blink of the button to show it was clicked.

There are no extra spaces around the code. There are no blocked pop-up windows (Firefox, new installation), nothing i can see in Windows security, and i already deleted the free version of McAfee.

This is the se ond app I've had trouble with using 2fs. The first was a Duo Mobile app giving me a "forbidden" page instead of working, trying to log in from off campus. However, the two don't seem to be connected.

Any ideas? Gmail login with 2fa worked fine on the new computer; it's just these two.

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @tedsaid, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Do you have any proxy, VPN, or even ISP/router settings that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains?

It's possible that something is preventing certain domains from loading, namely the Arkose Labs domain, which is used for a captcha. Perhaps Duo Mobile uses the same system?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tedsaid
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, Jay. Thanks for the reply.
It doesn't look like anything in the network is stopping it. It looks like something on the local machine, like what happens when a popup is blocked, or a bit of javascript fails to run .. just, nothing.
But i already checked the popup blocker and that's not it.
Well, the update is, i relented and let Google authenticate me, and that worked fine. Dropbox now knows it is me and it is working. I shouldn't have to do it that way, but i was out of options.
Re: logging into my univerity network with Duo Mobile, that worked when tried it in Chrome. So maybe my instance of Firefox is screwy? Not sure. Maybe i should try Dropbox in Chrome, too? See if that's a common solution.

Thanks

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Yes, my next suggestion would've been to try using a different browser, or use incognito without any extensions running. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    tedsaid Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?