cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 accounts with Dropbox by accident. Can I combine them?

2 accounts with Dropbox by accident. Can I combine them?

Memc
New member | Level 2

I established an original account with Dropbox.  Then my original account ran out of space.  Unknowingly I set up another account and paid for additional storage.  I need to combine the additional storage account with the original account.  How do I do this?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Memc wrote:

I need to combine the additional storage account with the original account.  How do I do this?

You can't. There's no way to merge accounts. Your best option is to use a shared folder between the two account to move files from your original account into the upgraded account, then use the new account going forward.

If needed, you can swap the email addresses between the two accounts using a third email address as a place holder, or delete the original account after you've moved your files and that will free up the email address to use on the upgraded account.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?