cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification settings are ignored

Email notification settings are ignored

GennadyKarasev
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Why do i get spam emails from dropbox?

My email settings are off for any emails (news).

Screenshot 2023-03-31 00.39.14.pngdropbox-gmail.png  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Gostan, thanks for your patience while we were looking into this internally.

We heard back from the team and this issue seems to be resolved now.

Let us know if anything else comes up!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

38 Replies 38

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @GennadyKarasev, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

At the bottom of the email, is there any option to unsubscribe from these messages you're receiving?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jamabe7
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi all,

I've been sent a 'Please Read: We noticed you're not taking advantage of your Dropbox account' email to both my main and recovery email account every day for the past 2 weeks now. I have unsubscribed from all News emails from Dropbox (including tips, which is the email itself says to unsubscribe from to stop them) does anyone know how to turn these emails off? Thank you.

The email I've been gettingThe email I've been gettingUnsub from tips to cancelUnsub from tips to cancelCurrent email settingsCurrent email settings

stupidd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I got an e-mail message titled "A message from Dropbox: Please consider backing up your computer" and at the bottom of that message it says "Want to stop getting tips from Dropbox? Unsubscribe"

Which is a link, and the link just takes me to the preferences page where the "tips" category is already unchecked. 

I contacted support and they just forwarded me to the community.   Any ideas on how to stop all of the spam messages from Dropbox?

GennadyKarasev
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

"Unsubscrible link" leads to Settings page with a settings i've showed on my screenshot. I've already unsubscribed from any news. Someone just started this email campaign on a full user base. It's displeasingly when user settings are ignored.

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for reporting these issues.

Unsubscribing should stop these emails. There can be a delay in processing the subscription opt-out that results in emails being sent for a short period of time, but this shouldn't persist.

We are currently investigating. These emails should stop being sent to you shortly if they haven't already. Feel free to report here if you are still receiving emails from us and I will make sure that information gets to the right team.

Regards,

Ben

photobeth
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am having the same issues. My email settings are all unchecked for all promotional emails.

When I click to unsubscribe on the email itself, it takes me to my account page. I then go to my dropbox email settings page.

I can see all promotional categories are not checked. 

I have tried this unsubscribe link on several emails and I am not offered to unsubscribe from the email. I am just sent to my dropbox account.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Beth

poetnerd
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I followed the unsubscribe link.

It shows that ALL news, tips, etc. are unsubscribed.

STILL I am receiving these annoy-o-grams.

There seems to be no way to report this problem.

I have been a dropbox user for YEARS. I recommended to a non-profit I am associated with that they get a professional account, which they did.

These annoy-o-grams only recently started coming to me.

I think the unsubscribe system broke recently.  Alas, there is no way to report it.

angusm
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I've had a Dropbox account for many years. In the last few weeks, I've started getting emails from Dropbox containing general advice about using Dropbox.

The footer of the message says "Want to stop getting tips from Dropbox? Unsubscribe".

Screen Shot 2023-04-02 at 1.47.54 PM.png

Clicking that link takes me to my Notifications settings page, which looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-04-02 at 13-47-23 Notifications - Dropbox.png

with the "Tips on using Dropbox" checkbox already unchecked (as it has been for probably the last seven or eight years at least).

So it looks to me as if I've already opted-out of Dropbox's emailed tip messages, but Dropbox is mailing me anyway.

Is there something else I need to do to get Dropbox to honor my preferences, or do I need to handle this at the spam-filtering level?

idislikenotification
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thanks everyone first.

I really dislike the email I got from Dropbox to promote the Dropbox Plus. There is no options to stop this. I have optioned out all in the notification setting but it keeps sending me that kind of email. Can anyone help me with this?
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Gostan New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    30003000 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?