cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to merge two accounts?

How to merge two accounts?

shaunobi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi all! I have two account - one with an old email account and one with a new email account. My old email account has half a terabyte of files in it. My new email has a couple files shared with me by folks.

I don't have access to my old email account anymore (but I AM logged in to Dropbox everywhere with that.)

I went to add my new email to my old account, but Dropbox says I can't because that email is in use.

If I DELETE my new account (which is fine) can I then add that email to my old account?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@shaunobi wrote:

If I DELETE my new account (which is fine) can I then add that email to my old account?

Yes. If you delete the account that's using the email address you want to use, that will free up the email for use on another account. Make sure you're signed in to the correct account before you delete it, as the process is irreversible.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@shaunobi wrote:

Yes. If you delete the account that's using the email address you want to use, that will free up the email for use on another account. Make sure you're signed in to the correct account before you delete it, as the process is irreversible.

shaunobi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Got it. Thank you!!

Gerij
New member | Level 2

I'm confused.  You aren't merging two accounts, you deleted one.

Is there a way to merge two accounts?

Rich
Super User II

@Gerij wrote:

Is there a way to merge two accounts?

No. You can use a shared folder to move files from one account to another, but it's not possible to actually merge accounts.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Gerij New member | Level 2
    shaunobi New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?