cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch emails on account

How to switch emails on account

CDG3
New member | Level 2

I upgraded my Dropbox to more memory. It picked up my work email address instead of my personal. How can I change my email address? When I tried it, it said my email address was taken.  I need the new memory with the old email.  I don't want it connected to my work email.

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@CDG3  escribió:

It picked up my work email address instead of my personal. How can I change my email address? When I tried it, it said my email address was taken.

When you purchased the upgrade you were signed in to your work account, or you created a new account with your work email address. You're getting that message because there's already an account that's using your personal email, and two accounts can't use the same email address.

There's no way to move a subscription between accounts. The only way to resolve this would be to swap the email addresses on the accounts using a third email as a placeholder.

• On your personal account, change the email address to a third email. This will free up the original email address for use elsewhere.
  • On your work account, change the email address to your personal email that you just freed up.
  • If you already have files in your original account, use a shared folder between the two accounts to move the files from your old account to the new account.

CDG3
New member | Level 2

Oh boy thanks 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

CDG3 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?