cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I receive emails from Dropbox to the wrong email address. What do I do?

I receive emails from Dropbox to the wrong email address. What do I do?

LJV777
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I receive emails from Dropbox to the wrong email address. I have set the correct email address in my account, but still Dropbox mail goes to a different address (which I don't use often these days). What do I do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Request a reset to the other email via www.dropbox.com/forgot and then log in to it. 

You can then delete it at www.dropbox.com/account

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@LJV777 wrote:

I receive emails from Dropbox to the wrong email address.

Do you have another account using the other email address? Dropbox can only send emails to the email address associated with your account.

LJV777
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I guess I have an older account, which is about 10 years old. But how do I delete it? I can´t find it, the only account I can find is the one with my current e-mail adress.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Request a reset to the other email via www.dropbox.com/forgot and then log in to it. 

You can then delete it at www.dropbox.com/account

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

LJV777
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It worked. Many thanks! 🙂👍

cheeil
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

how to change spelling error in email address and when I put in the correct spelling it keeps telling me its already in use. i think I will cancel dropbox altogether

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @cheeil! I hope you’re well. 

If you receive this error when trying to switch email addresses, it means that this email address is already linked to an existing Dropbox account. 

Can you please try to sign in to Dropbox with that email address instead and let me know if you can see an account? If you don’t remember your password, you can try to reset it via the login page.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

vashtar0
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Some times I get suspicious looking e-mails from DropBox, like the recent one that came today. However this one looked much less suspicious!

Does DropBox send from: no-reply@em-s.dropbox.com ?

Thank you. I would like to eliminate the chances of receiving SPAM from a D.B. pretender!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @vashtar0!

You can check all official Dropbox domains here; em-s.dropbox.com is one of the domains Dropbox is using, indeed.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

vashtar0
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you very much for your prompt reply!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

vashtar0 New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    cheeil New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?