cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOST FILES ARE MISSING ON THE DROPBOX WEBSITE

MOST FILES ARE MISSING ON THE DROPBOX WEBSITE

Fencehead
New member | Level 2

I recently upgraded to Microsoft 360 and had some issues with it. I had to wipe my PC clean and re-install all software. I installed the Dropbox app. Signed in and found out all my files did not sync. I then went into Chrome and accessed my account thru the web. The same files were still missing from the web application. Approx. 95% of my files are missing. When i went home and accessed the Dropbox website from another PC all my files were fine and accesable. I checked my work firewalls, I checked deleted folders, I opened folders to check if they were combined. I did extensive web searches and tried all the suggestions that were available. Also from my phone, Android, I have access to All the files. Its only the desktop i just rebooted. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Fencehead, welcome to our Community!

If you accessed the Dropbox website from two different computers and found different files on each computer online, it might be possible that you have signed in to a different account on the PC you wiped clean.

Can you go to your account settings from each computer, to compare the email addresses and see if they match?

Let me know what you find.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?