cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive email from dropbox

Password reset email not received

RobySeek
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi! I created my account back in 2016-2017 and I didn't use it for a while. I changed my phone since then and now I can't login because I don't remember my password. When I try to reset it, it says that the reset email was sent but I didn't receive anything. I tried looking into the spam folder and creating a contact with no-reply@dropbox.com but nothing worked. I know this is the right email because I got a lot of mails from dropbox about my account saying that my account storage is full and I should upgrade.

111 Replies 111

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there, @Jshynn, let's see what we can do about it!

I am curious, have you tried asking for a password reset, using a different browser, or an incognito tab on your current one?

Keep me posted on the results!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jshynn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

no I did not, in fact I am logged in to my dropbox account from this browser, but still I have not received the confirmation email

DANRAT
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have another account called yahoo mailbox, which was deleted due to not using it for a long time, and it has been restored. I need to receive mail when I log in to dropbox, but I can’t receive any mail from dropbox. I’m sure I’m going to use another mailbox to send mail to this yahoo mailbox. No problem, I would like to ask if there is any solution so that I can log in to the account of yahoo mailbox in dropbox

rayvanb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same problem. 6 Digit code is sent to my emailaddress, but I don't receive it in my Inbox. And no, it's not in my Junk or SPAM folder. Keep resending it, but no luck...

Does anyone have a solution?

Albaroody
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I think you missed reading my message yesterday @Megan

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Jshynn & @Albaroody, sorry to jump in here, but could you check your email's junk/spam folder for the email to reset your password?

If you can't find it, let us know and we'll reach out via email to investigate further. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @DANRAT & @rayvanb - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you please let me know if you've tried another browser to do this and if you also checked your email's spam/junk folder?

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Bjorn13
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi

I had the same problem helping a neighbour. Tried everything but it was finally sorted by the local (Norway) Dropbox support that reset the client's password from their side.  Resetting the password from the client's PC never worked. Had no problem resetting my password from mine PC, so strange. On the other hand, it might be that you have orderer the email supplier to stop mails from a certain email address.   I got a new email supplier recently (the same mail address), and get mails almost daily if I like to stop mails from suspicious addresses, which I confirm if I am sure I do not want them 🙂 

DANRAT
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
There is nothing in other browsers or spam

rayvanb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

For me neither

Need more support?