cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The red notification showing on the icon isn't going away

The red notification showing on the icon isn't going away

JayneK
Helpful | Level 5

Hi

Has anyone else experienced red icon badge showing as one unread notification even after all notifications read and then deleted.  Can't seem to get rid of it no matter what I try.  Thank you.

22 Replies 22

hpeabody
Helpful | Level 6

@Megan  Yes, that's fine

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @hpeabody, I just sent you an email, I'll see you there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

hpeabody
Helpful | Level 6

@Megan  I just responded to your email

JayneK
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Jay  The red notification badge has gone now.  I did click Sync history and Activity and this might have got rid of it? Thank you.

hpeabody
Helpful | Level 6

Wow!  That worked for me too.  It was merely a matter of clicking on "show me how"  I did nothing other than click on that under Sync History and Activity.  Who would have ever thought that was the answer.  Yes, the red notification badge is gone!  Dropbox needs to be more clear about what the "notification" is.  Thank you Jayne for discovering the fix.

Hughmoz
Explorer | Level 4

It refuses to go away. DropBox is so intrusive and keeps trying to get involved in one's life. It's a drag. The red circle on my DropBox icon is asking me to upgrade, which I have already done and yet the red circle stays in place. DropBox need  proper software designers on board. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Hughmoz, I moved your post to a thread about the same issue.

Can you try the solution there and let us know if it helped?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Wilhelmus
Helpful | Level 6

yes, I have the same problem.

This icon in the system tray with a warning probably indicates that there is a message somewhere. But there is no notification anywhere in the Dropbox app. Moreover, the icon does not function properly either; Synchronization works but is not indicated with the blue circle. Can anyone help me with a solution? Thanks in advance, Wim

hpeabody
Helpful | Level 6

Here was my resolution

Wow! That worked for me too. It was merely a matter of clicking on "show me how" I did nothing other than click on that under Sync History and Activity. Who would have ever thought that was the answer. Yes, the red notification badge is gone! Dropbox needs to be more clear about what the "notification" is. Thank you Jayne for discovering the fix.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@Wilhelmus, have you tried this suggestion and you still can’t see what the notification is for on your desktop app?

Also, what do you mean when saying that syncing works, but it’s not indicated by the blue circle? Can you send me a screenshot of what you see?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?