cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't enter my account or cancel my plan

Why was my account disabled?

toannguyen2020
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Company account with email (quandinh@**** like email Dropbox of me) has been disabled from Saturday, July 11, 2020.

Dropbox hasn't emailed notification?

This account is used for business.

Please help me!

115 Replies 115

rodrigocz263
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My firts problem is, i buyed the plus plan, open my email and decided to change my password in the same day, after that i went to login and said that it was the wrong password, so i try the "forgot my passord" and when i put my email they say exacly this"Sorry, this account is disabled." and i didn't get an email to why this happened, now i need to know to cancel my subscription in that account because my second problem was i'm from brazil and i forgot to convert USD to BRL.
Mmy biggest concern is that i can't login in to my account and i don't know why, and without login i cant contact anyone, need help because i'm still have to pay ,even without usind the service.
I paid the subscription Saturday, May 29
i will post the print of the 5 emails that i received

Need help!

dropbox.PNG

 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

If your account has been disabled that means its been terminated by Dropbox and you will not be charged anymore. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

bogrosnounours
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Hey

I had also been deactivated

In order to have some communication with them I opened an other account..paid one to have acces to email.support ...but really . It's a pain in the ass but at least I'm in their service system...
If it doesn't get better faster (2 weeks now) I'll upgrade to have acces to phone support to try to understand and solve this .

Hope it helps !

bogrosnounours
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Do you know how long their system keeps our files?

bcohendesigns
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello:

I am not a tech person.  I had my account disabled for no reason, and I am unable to get help.  The chat is a robot, I even had to create an account for my business partner to be able to write in this forum.  How can I do to get my account back?

bogrosnounours
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Hello @Nash105

90 days only that they keep the files ?

I think 180 days crossed my eyes .

Personally. I will upgrade this week to have phone support . My drop box contains EVERYTHING that can be numerized in my life from personal to professional. Literaly everything.

It's their new smart sync thing that doesn't keep files on a hard drive like before . I think I should have choose local instead of that bs thing .

I always kept a physical onHD copy of my drop box .

That is very very stressful for me
Were talking about 1o years of hard work

bogrosnounours
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
All the shared folders with clients are accessible to them.

I had hard drive smart sync... I got 99 files kind of corrupted. Impossible to open.

Really weird

Shadownin
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
previously I put a post about disabling the [email removed as per Community Guidelines] account but I don't know why it has been deleted. if this is the way to solve the problems that users have. Congratulations.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @mdalmeidabanelco, sorry to hear about this! 

Do you have a ticket number reference, so I can have a look into this for you? 

Thank you.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

bogrosnounours
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Hi @drsmhb

It's to this day for me. Impossible to recover anything despite few back n forth e.auls with the support ... have you experienced this recovery?

Thank you!

Stef
Need more support?