cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wrong email account

Wrong email account

TT-2022
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi there!
I received a promotional account (100gb free for 1 year), but I mistyped the email address (forgot 2 digits!) and am unable to update it from the app or on the web because the erroneous email address cannot be verified. Chat is also disabled until the erroneous email is verified (which it had better not be because it won't be me!).

- this is totally my fault

How can I correct the email address? Is there a human being who can remedy this if I call (can't find a customer service phone number anywhere on the website).

Anyone knows how can I remedy this?!

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @TT-2022 

You cannot move bonus space to a different account I'm afraid. 

All you can do is swap the emails on the accounts by using a third as a temp one to release the one you want to use - note you will need to reupload things between the accounts etc. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

TT-2022
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Update: discovered that the correct email address already has a dropbox account...I want to move the 100GB from the wrong account to the existing account - how can I do that? Also, d I need to delete the dropbox account with the erroneous email?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @TT-2022 

You cannot move bonus space to a different account I'm afraid. 

All you can do is swap the emails on the accounts by using a third as a temp one to release the one you want to use - note you will need to reupload things between the accounts etc. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

TT-2022
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Well that's a bummer! I just tried creating another email with the wrong address and it's already in use. I'm terribly annoyed with myself for messing up the email address in the first place. I am also grateful to you for answering so promptly.

UPDATE: I tried what you suggested and that worked, alleluia! It's so much easier transferring data when you have 100gb available vs 2gb! Thanks for your help!

AplusLen
New member | Level 2

Hi @TT-2022,

I made the same mistake!

How did you exactly do it?

The wrong email account for me is [Removed as per Community Guidelines] and the right one is [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

I attempted to create a new email account using the [Removed as per Community Guidelines], but said it was already taken.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @AplusLen, if you don't have access to that incorrect email, as it already exists, then it means that you won't be able to transfer the bonus quota to your own account.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Arirat banpavichit
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have my Dropbox account and data already. However I paid to another e mail without data. How can I transfer my data 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Arirat banpavichit wrote:

I have my Dropbox account and data already. However I paid to another e mail without data. How can I transfer my data 

You can use a shared folder between the accounts to move files from one account to the other.

Need more support?