cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 GB PROMOTION HP+DROPBOX

100 GB PROMOTION HP+DROPBOX

rcs04
Explorer | Level 3

Hello! A few days ago I bought an HP laptop on which the Dropbox application was pre-installed. If you signed up or logged in, they gave you about 100GB for one year free. A few days have passed, and the HP + Dropbox 100GB promotion has not been effective. I also 

also complete www.dropbox.com/gs

I request help, it should have 100GB. Thanks.

20 Replies 20

behzod
Super User

I bought a laptop in the past directly from HP that came with the 100 GB promo. Some HP laptops have Dropbox app already installed (and I enjoyed 100 GB for a year; I never had any issues with the promo). All you have to do is to run the app using the shortcut on your desktop and login to your existing account or create a new account. You will get 100 GB almost instantaneously on your first login.

Here are some exceptions that I think might prevent you from redeeming this promo:

1) Laptop is not new and previous owner has already applied 100 gb to their account. Promo will work only once --> after the redemption, promo will not work for the another account --> even if you factory reset the laptop

2) Promo will not work on refurbished laptops.

3) Some 100 GB promos might be limited to one time redemption. For example, if you previously took advantage of this promo, you may not be eligible for the second time (even if you buy brand new laptop).

Here is mor information from Dropbox:

https://help.dropbox.com/storage-space/hp-promotion

rcs04
Explorer | Level 3
Hello.
In my case, the laptop is brand new, purchased from the official HP website. I haven't taken advantage of this offer before either. It cannot be any of the exceptions that you mention. Could it be some abnormal problem? How can I get it fixed? Thank you very much for answering 🙂

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @rcs04, hope you’re doing well. 

Is it alright if I open a ticket for you, in this case? 

I’d like to take a closer look into your Dropbox account, and see what may be happening. 

Let me know!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rcs04
Explorer | Level 3
Yes, of course!

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @rcs04, I've sent you an email, please could you reply to it when you get a chance!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

rcs04
Explorer | Level 3
Yes!

netpro1
New member | Level 2

I bought a new HP Desktop Envy which came with a 100gb free space offer from Dropbox. Answers to questions you have asked to others in similar situation are below:

Was the desktop app pre-installed on the device or did you download it? YES

Also, could it be that you've redeemed the same type of HP promotion already in the past? You can double-check that from your Plan tab, under Earn more space. NOTHING IS LISTED UNDER MY PLAN ABOUT SAME TYPE OF HP PROMOTION REDEEMED.

Please can you help redeem this offer?

Thanks.

netpro1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @netpro1, thanks for reaching out to our Community.

We appreciate the info that you gave us. Would you mind if we reach out to you via email, so we can investigate further?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

ihdaihda
Explorer | Level 3

I just bought a brand new HP laptop. On first installation an offer of dropbox popped up and follow steps (I have my dropbox account). however nothing happened to my dropbox account. As far I remember I haven't took any promotional item in the past.

Anyone can help?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

maher1982 Super User
    dreamx user New member | Level 2
    Inas New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?