cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 300,000 file limitation

300,000 file limitation

jaohar
Helpful | Level 7

Hello,
I have recently have had some problems with my Dropbox account. Before I get into the details of that, I read the note published here stating that accounts with over 300,000 files may have poor performance.

https://help.dropbox.com/storage-space/file-storage-limit

Using the web client, is there any way to see how many files I have in my account? Also, is there any way to see which folders have the most files?

I have seen other posts that refer to a 'calculate size' option but this is not available to me in any dropdown menus.

Having this information will make it easier for me to delete files and get closer to the 300,000 file recommendation.

Thank you.

6 Replies 6

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @jaohar,

Take in mind that, as noted in the article you are referring to, the limit mentioned is related to application performance and not to the account in any way! These are different things. If you want to calculate your folders size take a look into another thread here. If something doesn't work as expected clarify what's going on in details. Again, as noted in the article, you can decrease files number in sync without removing anything out from your account if that's your issue (it's advisable to check it out in advance). 😉

Good luck.

jaohar
Helpful | Level 7

Hello, thank you for your comment. I recently encountered some issues with the Dropbox Mac application and became aware that I have over three million files. Since this is far beyond what is recommended I'd like to first make sure this isn't part of my problem.

jaohar
Helpful | Level 7

Bump. Is there any way to see the total number of files or number of files within folders using the web client?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @jaohar, currently there isn't a method to determine how many files you have on your account via the Dropbox site.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jaohar
Helpful | Level 7

If there is no other way to do this, can I please request this as feature to implement in future?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

You can vote on this idea which is currently available to register your interest in the feature.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?