cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access all the space on my subscription with the added Quicken code.

Can't access all the space on my subscription with the added Quicken code.

Roger Hillman
New member | Level 2

I have a basic plan through Quicken that provides 3 gigs of space.  I have started getting notifications that I am out of space.  When I look at what I have on Dropbox, it shows that I should have more than 2 1/2 gigs open.  As a result, I am unable to backup anything.  I have tried reaching out to Dropbox, but I can't get past the Chatbot and the generic responses.  Is there a way to actually get someone at Dropbox to troubleshoot?

13 Replies 13

Mark
Super User II

Have you used up space via www.dropbox.com/backups ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II

@Roger Hillman wrote:

I have a basic plan through Quicken that provides 3 gigs of space.

Did you apply the promo code provided by Quicken to your Dropbox account? The bonus space isn't automatic. The way it normally works is that when you subscribe to Quicken, they provide a promo code that you can enter on the Dropbox website. Once redeemed, the bonus space is added to your account for a period of one year.

I have started getting notifications that I am out of space.  When I look at what I have on Dropbox, it shows that I should have more than 2 1/2 gigs open.

What does your Plan page show for your usage and available space? If you can, take a screenshot of the page and post it here, being sure to mask any private information, if any is visible.

Roger Hillman
New member | Level 2

Thank you for reaching out.  I did, and it won't accept it, states already used.

Rich
Super User II

@Roger Hillman wrote:

I did, and it won't accept it, states already used.

You need to contact Quicken then for a new code. This is VERY common with them.

Roger Hillman
New member | Level 2

I appreciate your reaching out.  I clicked on the link you provided, and it took me to Dropbox Backup (beta), which I have never heard of until now.  It showed empty, and said I needed to log out of my account and back in, which I am fixing to try at Dropbox.com.  

Roger Hillman
New member | Level 2

RogerHillman_0-1711138202238.png

Hope you can make it out.  I do appreciate your help.

Rich
Super User II

@Roger Hillman wrote:

I clicked on the link you provided, and it took me to Dropbox Backup (beta) ...

Was that this page? And it doesn't have any backups listed? If that's the case, then your account has plenty of available space based on the screenshot from your Plan page. Though it's missing the bonus from Quicken (which they need to resolve)

Roger Hillman
New member | Level 2

It did take me to that page, but my Quicken/Dropbox subscription shows something entirely different.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Roger Hillman, I hope you're doing well! 

When you say your Quicken/ Dropbox subscription, would you mind clarifying a tad more about what you mean? 

I'm asking, because it seems your Dropbox account still has plenty available space. 

Did you check through a different path for your Quicken promotion? 

Let me know more! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Roger Hillman New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?