cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox is full

Dropbox is full

FionaNel1979
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I wonder if someone can please help me. I get the message that my dropbox is full, but I have no files left, I deleted everything, found all the shared folders and removed all that and then also permanently deleted files. The below is my message. So why I am having dropbox full message if I have all that space available?

Using 246.25 GB of 9.75 GB storage

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Looks like you may have activated Dropbox backup. Have a look at www.dropbox.com/backups.

Also just a note that deleted items dont use quota, so permanent deletion isnt needed 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Looks like you may have activated Dropbox backup. Have a look at www.dropbox.com/backups.

Also just a note that deleted items dont use quota, so permanent deletion isnt needed 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

FionaNel1979
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Wow thank you, the one backup was 8GB alone

Zarcom
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I also show my DropBox is Full, even though I deleted almost all my Files.😪🙄

I have had a Dropbox account for years. I use it on three devices. I recently had a system failure on one of my devices (My Desktop Computer). I had to reinstall everything from scratch.

Just recently I download all my Dropbox files so I can use Dropbox to transfer some big files between my devices. Now it tells me my Dropbox is Full and will not recalculate what is in there. This is preventing me from Installing DropBox on m DeskTop. What am I missing?

How can I tell which devices are signed in to my DropBox?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Zarcom you can see your connected devices from this page on your account.

Regarding the quota, could you check if you have any backups running on your account?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Zarcom
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes, Thanks I manages to Download all the files down to my 8TB Harddrive, then I deleted all the files. I just added one folder with a picture of my mother on top of a mountain with a group of her fellow seniors back at the turn of the millennium. Sadly she passed away at 101 in 2016.

Again Thanks, Jay. A couple of years ago I signed up for Microsoft 365, and get 1TB of cloud storage, I will keep my DropBox account. It is easier to use with non-Microsoft users/21st Centurians  

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad you were able to download your files from your account.

If you require any further assistance in the future, please let us know!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Raccoonpan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have similar issue and have check my backups, and there is nothing in it. What do?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Raccoonpan, can you give us some more info on your issue?

Are you getting messages that your Dropbox is full? What does the plan tab in your account settings report?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Raccoonpan New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Zarcom Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?