cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox says FULL storage even when delete files

Dropbox says FULL storage even when delete files

Gaia S.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

My dropbox is not updating, keeps on saying full storage when I have deleted lots of files. Help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear about the confusion caused! 

As an initial point of reference, you may have a look at your Account tab online to see whether it’s your personal or shared files that are putting you above your storage capacity

If you need just a little additional quota (as our basic accounts come with 2 GB of space), you can always follow these simple steps. 

Keep us updated here in case you have additional questions, so as to help you out as much as we can. Thanks & wishing you a great weekend ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

jonathan s.34
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have this issue, in fact my drop box said it was full but it wasn't, I have deleted files anyway and it makes no difference

kristy s.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

me too! why is it not working?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Are you a member of any shares? Remember that uses up space - possibly as soon as you are deleting files.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jonathan s.34
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am a member of shares, but my Dropbox folder says it is 3.5 gig and I have 18gig of space on my dropbox

Phoebe U.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Any response from Dropbox on this? I have the same issue. Deleted over 1,000 photos and not a budge. Thought perhaps when I logged out it would refresh but no such luck. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they're forcing an upgrade.

Kristy S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

no answer on this issue. start a new account with a new email is my solution.

Kathleen R.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I delete and still have a full box. What gives? Very frustrating when I need to add files now.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Where did you delete from? 

If you delete everything I assume you see nothing at www.dropbox.com/home 

Also, remember that SHARED FOLDERS use up your space. So it is very, very possible as you delete things the shared folders simply take up the quota freed up. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

dcmosher
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same thing... very frustrating.  I figure dropbox is forcing me to buy a professional license to get more space.  Not with this kind of service.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

StevieM New member | Level 2
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    dcmosher New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?