cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erroneous "Your Dropbox is full" message

Erroneous "Your Dropbox is full" message

AndyL
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am getting a regular "Your Dropbox is full" pop-up - but I have plenty of space.

This 'appears' to have become a problem since I've added a Work dropbox - though that meay be a red herring.

I get the message despite my personal dropbox only showing 6.6GB  of 8.88GB used and my work dropbox showing 300.7MB of 2GB used.

126 Replies 126

JAQ
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

@TwoOrMoreChars wrote:
...they sent a set of procedures that reference clicking on options that don't actually exist in their own preference screen.

Yeah, I got the same thing from them. It's amazing that Dropbox's "tech support" people don't even have up-to-date boilerplate responses available to copy-and-paste. I'm not sure it's necessarily the drones' fault, though. It seems more like Dropbox has developers who follow the release-test-fix-document model, and a support department that focuses on ticket-completion stats than on customer satisfaction.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Are those quota's from www.dropbox.com/account AndyL?

Which version of Dropbox?

Also, have you checked you have enough hard drive space?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

AndyL
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the prompt response. Those quutas are from the account link - and disk space is plentiful. Not sure how to determine the version of dropbox; please advise. Off to bed now so will be a few hours before I respond again.

Andy

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
If you mouse over the Dropbox icon on your status bar it'll tell you the version number (e.g. mine is 23.4.19).

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

AndyL
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Gound by hovering over dropbox.exe in th eclient folder

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Drat. Was going to direct you to the thread for that official build, but, it doesnt exist!

Can I suggest logging a ticket at http://bit.ly/cm-support and maybe copying in this threads URL? Replies may take time, especially as its a bank holiday weekend but you can track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

GaabrieeLp
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem... 

Notification message

And I have free space:

Account free space

My dropbox version:

Dropbox version

This began when i tried to save a large shared folder in my dropbox account, but I deleted this folder when it throw the "Your Dropbox is full" message warning.

I checked the "Deleted files" folder and this folder is not showing there (this folder was deleted 2 or 3 months ago).

Do I need to create another topic to solve this?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
As its the same version Gaabriee please also log a ticket.

Before you do that though please check that you have actually left that share at www.dropbox.com/share as it could still be sitting on some quota.

GaabrieeLp
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello Mark,

Is not there, but shared folders quota is included in Account settings > Space section > Shared files, right?

GaabrieeLp
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

An additional information:

I just upgrade my dropbox today, trying to solve this problem, and the message still showing.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sanchez Dropbox Staff
    KERDÈL_BD Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?