cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File requests, and how space is handled.

File requests, and how space is handled.

RetiredCR
Explorer | Level 3

I am a transcriptionist and receive files from one source.  The Dropbox is mine and I pay for 2 TB of storage.  When I am ready for a job, I send my source a file request, he will drop the files into my Dropbox and I retrieve them.  Every time he drops files for me, he needs me to retrieve them right away and delete them from my Dropbox because he says the app won't let him drop more than 2 GB worth of files in my Dropbox.  I don't understand this if I am paying for 2 TB of space.  Can someone help me here?  thaks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@RetiredCR wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply, Rich.  What I don't understand is that I am subscribed at the Plus level, and it says that I am entitled to 2,000 GB.  What am I missing here?

You're comparing two different limits. You do, indeed, have the ability to store up to 2TB of data in your account, but the File Request feature only allows you to request files up to 2GB.

I doubt you need to move the files you receive out of your Dropbox. It's just the file request feature not allowing him to upload more than 2GB at a time because that's the limit of that particular feature.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@RetiredCR wrote:

... he says the app won't let him drop more than 2 GB worth of files in my Dropbox.  I don't understand this if I am paying for 2 TB of space.

Customers on the Basic, Plus or Family plans can receive files through a File Request up to 2GB in size. Professional, Essentials and the various Business accounts can receive files up to 50GB in size through a File Request.

RetiredCR
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your quick reply, Rich.  What I don't understand is that I am subscribed at the Plus level, and it says that I am entitled to 2,000 GB.  What am I missing here?

Rich
Super User II

@RetiredCR wrote:

You're comparing two different limits. You do, indeed, have the ability to store up to 2TB of data in your account, but the File Request feature only allows you to request files up to 2GB.

I doubt you need to move the files you receive out of your Dropbox. It's just the file request feature not allowing him to upload more than 2GB at a time because that's the limit of that particular feature.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    RetiredCR Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?