cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

608 Replies 608

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
It is essentially for this reason that it is not possible to have all the storage you want

DBXCommunity
Community Manager
Hi everyone, 

Thank you for your feedback and patience as we’ve been actively working to address accelerated storage demand and ensure all our customers have a reliable experience with Dropbox. As a result, we’re moving to a metered storage policy on our Dropbox Advanced plan. There is no action required today from the vast majority of our customers, who will be able to keep their existing storage and more for up to five years at no additional charge. You can read about the changes and why we're making them on our blog here

We appreciate you being part of the Dropbox community and are committed to making this transition as seamless as possible. 

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
I didn't understand anything about your blog... what do we need to understand for customers with 100 tb of storage and more?

MrLeoSir
Helpful | Level 6

that you will be charged $10 1TB per month over the 35TB

I think I will have to go to tape for all the videos that I deal with in this case and set up my own FTP server for customers to upload and download from myself. As these are really big sizes. its a shame all them people have made it so much harder for people who need it to run there business or little like myself who handle big video files.

DBXCommunity
Community Manager

Hi @Niitr0,

Existing Dropbox Advanced customers don't need to take any action at this time. Here's the relevant information from the blog on how existing accounts will be affected:

Customers using less than 35TB of storage per license—over 99% of Advanced customers—will be able to keep the total amount of storage their team is using at the time they’re notified, plus an additional 5TB credit of pooled storage, for five years at no additional charge to their existing plan.

For the less than 1% of customers utilizing 35TB or more of storage per license, we’re committed to working with you. To make this transition easier, you’ll be able to continue utilizing your current storage amount at the time you’re notified, plus an additional 5TB credit of pooled storage for one year (up to 1,000TB total), at no additional charge to your existing plan. You’ll be contacted by our team in the coming weeks to discuss a range of options for getting the storage that you need for your business or organization.

For customers who need additional space, storage add-ons will be available for purchase for new customers on September 18 and existing customers on November 1 at 1TB for $10/month if purchased monthly or $8/month if purchased annually.

We will begin gradually migrating existing customers to the new policy on November 1. You don't need to do anything today. We’ll notify all customers at least 30 days prior to their planned migration date.

If you have additional questions specific to your account, you can contact Dropbox Support.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
It doesn't answer my question, how much will the price of the subscription increase? And especially the 150 tb of storage remains asquis or will have to be paid from November?

MrLeoSir
Helpful | Level 6

well it doesnt say about the cost of becoming part of dropbox, so I guess the same cost.

but it would be $1150 a month plus the cost of dropbox for 115TB of space with dropbox. 

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
don't understand. Why $1,150?

MrLeoSir
Helpful | Level 6
Well it’s $10 1TB so do the math

DBXCommunity
Community Manager

Hi @Niitr0,

The price of your Advanced account will not change. You will be able to keep your current storage at the time you are notified along with the 5TB granted to existing Advanced accounts. If you wish to add storage in November, that will increase cost according to the pricing model posted above and in the linked post.

Need more support?