cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People used my referral link, but I haven't gotten the extra space, why?

People used my referral link, but I haven't gotten the extra space, why?

George63
Explorer | Level 4

Some of my friends used my link but neither one of us got the extra storage. Im not really sure how to do it the correct way.
I hope some people could help me get more storage or show me the correct way to do.

I hope i can put the link in here

[link removed by moderator]

Thank you ~ George

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@George63 wrote:

Some of my friends used my link but neither one of us got the extra storage. Im not really sure how to do it the correct way.

Check your Referrals page to see the status of their referrals.

Remember, each person you refer must install Dropbox on a unique computer (one that never had Dropbox installed previously) and they must verify their email address. Mobile devices do not count, and if you're all on the same network (like members of the same household), the referrals could be marked as ineligible.

George63
Explorer | Level 4
Thank you alot. None of my friends have an computer is there any other way to do i?

Rich
Super User II

@George63 wrote:
None of my friends have an computer is there any other way to do i?

No, there isn't. One of the requirements is that the person you refer must install Dropbox on a unique computer.

George63
Explorer | Level 4
I guess ill just stick to onedrive then.

Thank you for the information.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

George63 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?