cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: “Waiting to upload” photo issue

Photo backup on iPhone isn’t working

Em_6
Collaborator | Level 8

I’ve been using Dropbox to backup my iPhone and noticed recently it’s been really slow. Last night I went to back it up again but it just said it was starting photo backup, but it still hasn’t found any photos or videos.

I’ve restarted the app, my phone and turned off photo backup and left it before trying again, I’ve tried airplane mode with WiFi. I’ve tried using my data, but it’s not finding anything. Or doing anything. I’ve been using Dropbox alongside iCloud and haven’t had any problems until this. I’ve used about 6% of the 2tb storage I’ve got.

Any help on this?

Thanks

75 Replies 75

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @KerryL28, sorry to hear about this!

Can you try this out, and let me know if this does the trick for you?

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

KerryL28
Helpful | Level 5
Hi Lori,
That link doesn’t work:
invalid set of parameters in url.

Can you try sending again please?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for pointing this out @KerryL28

I've re-instated the link, and you should be able to open it now. 

I was referring to @fsullenberger's reply about turning off iCloud uploads, and seeing if this does the trick.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Ilona_S
New member | Level 2
Hello
There was another thread on this I tried to join but couldn’t add to.
I have just started my professional plan. I only got this to resolve an issue I am having anyway with getting photos off my iPhone 8 Plus.
I have a fully updated phone and presumably app as I literally just downloaded it.
I have selected a large number of photos to upload - but it’s not doing anything.
Help please.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Ilona_S, I hope you're doing well! 

I've merged your question under this similar thread. 

Have you tried connecting to a different WiFi network or through cellular data?

Also, feel free to take a look into the previous troubleshooting steps, and let me know if any of them resume your Camera Uploads.

Cheers!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Abufinzio
Helpful | Level 6

hello, i have this problem too on my ios device

- ios is updated
- dropbox cache cleared
- dropbox was reinstalled (yes, to the latest version...)
after all those helpdeskish useless things can you please release a dropbox update with the old uploader while you fix the new one?
thank you

p.s. to upload the photos that were not retrieved by the automatic (broken) backup i used the manual one and another BIG problem has occured: heic photos have been converted to jpeg, that is not good (no, the file format option in the settings is for the automatic backup, no for the manual upload)
if i upload something to dropbox MUST REMAIN THE SAME, not a byte should be modified, for photos and video too

to move some photos i had to use google drive...

Meribelman
Explorer | Level 4

Hi 

I have happily and successfully used dropbox photo back up forever!  My iphone 12 Pro iOS 14.5.1 128GB is now not behaving well between Photos and Dropbox camera uploads.  Signed in and on opening the Photos tab in the Dropbox app tells me "looking for photos".  this is as far as it gets. 

If I uninstall Dropbox app completely, reinstall, sign in, and then try - it works.  But I must stay with the app and keep the screen active.  Any change and it goes back to "looking for photos".  Then a repeat of the uninstall / reinstall process is required for it to work again.

There is no background back up at all.

Any advice most welcomed.  Many thanks

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Meribelman, thanks for posting your question here!

I've merged your post under this thread, since it echoes what others have also mentioned. 

Can you try Walter's steps shown here, and let me know if this works out for you?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

KerryL28
Helpful | Level 5
Still nothing works for me.
I have to sign out and log sign back in every time I want to backup.
I tried everything:
Clear cache
Uninstall and reinstall
Update iOS and app
blah blah...

Paying money for something that was working great and has Unfortunately stopped and there doesn’t appear to be any urgency to fix it.

Have an alternative, just need to transfer everything and I will then cancel Dropbox.

Hugo D.3
New member | Level 2

Hi, iOs app (v 238.2.2) on iOs 14.4.2 on an iPhone XR was no longer uploading photos.

--> cleared the cache --> it now says "analyzing photo library" (not sure of the exact translation, mine is in French "Anaylise de la bibliothèque") forever and does not upload photos either.

--> deleted the app, reinstalled it --> it found the new photos and started uploading them --> phone went into sleep after a few minutes (as it is supposed to do) and when I woke it up, Dropbox is stuck again at "analyzing photo library"

Any idea ?

Need more support?