cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Uploading files to another accounts folder

Uploading files to another accounts folder

hfaulk9
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am trying to upload files to another users folder which has plenty of space left, however my personal account is on the basic plan which has run out of storage. Do I need to upgrade my plan to expand storage even though the files are on another persons account?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@hfaulk9 wrote:

Do I need to upgrade my plan to expand storage even though the files are on another persons account?

If you're uploading to a shared folder where you have edit access, yes, because you're not uploading to a folder in someone else's account; you're uploading to a folder in your own account and that folder syncs with someone else.

If all you need to do is upload and you won't need to access the files afterwards, ask the recipient to send you a File Request instead.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@hfaulk9 wrote:

Do I need to upgrade my plan to expand storage even though the files are on another persons account?

If you're uploading to a shared folder where you have edit access, yes, because you're not uploading to a folder in someone else's account; you're uploading to a folder in your own account and that folder syncs with someone else.

If all you need to do is upload and you won't need to access the files afterwards, ask the recipient to send you a File Request instead.

Need more support?