cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

403 error message - not giving me access to my own files (DropBox Paper)

403 error message - not giving me access to my own files (DropBox Paper)

MaximusMercurius
Helpful | Level 6

Hi,

I use DropBox Paper for everything, and it's pretty important to me. (Having made the change from GDocs a while ago). I just tried to access my stuff (please know that I only have a free account, but have not reached the 2Gig limit, because almost everything I do is just text: translation, writing essays, taking notes etc.) and it threw up a '403 message' time and time again, saying 'it seems [that] you don't belong here'. So, I logged out, tried logging back in again (it wouldn't let me). So, I reset that password, which seemed to work, but not really, because now I can't open any of my text documents. This is a serious issue (I rely on translation as my income stream and career), and I would please like your help to resolve it).

Yours hopefully,

Max.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

MaximusMercurius
Helpful | Level 6

It's been a while since I clicked on my usual link for translations (DropBox Paper) but tonight it just works seamlessly. No problems at all. Whatever gremlin or bugbear it may have been, has, apparently, been sorted out. All is well.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Liis
New member | Level 2

I am not able to access any of my paper.doc s now. 

I get the message ERROR 403 - It seems you don't belong here.  You should probably sign in.

I am signed in and can access all other folders and files, but none of my paper.docs that I have been using for years.

Any ideas?  HELP!!

junn
New member | Level 2

After contacting the dropbox support, I got an answer below.

1. Open https://dropbox.com/paper and you will get the list of your paper files.

2. Click the link of paper that you want to open then you can edit it.

I don't know why, but this works for my paper.

junn
New member | Level 2
After contacting the dropbox support, I got an answer below. 1. Open https://dropbox.com/paper and you will get the list of your paper files. 2. Click the link of paper that you want to open then you can edit it. I don't know why, but this works for my paper.

MaximusMercurius
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Junn,

I just tried it and it totally works! Okay, it's not ideal because the little problem still persists that I can't navigate the directory structure in the usual way, but that is by the by: the important thing is that this workaround works! Thank you so much for replying so aptly Junn!

Max. 

MaximusMercurius
Helpful | Level 6

It's been a while since I clicked on my usual link for translations (DropBox Paper) but tonight it just works seamlessly. No problems at all. Whatever gremlin or bugbear it may have been, has, apparently, been sorted out. All is well.

tu3
New member | Level 2
I'm unable to open my Dropbox because is keeps stopping

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @tu3, sorry you're having issues with your Dropbox.

Can you give us some more info about the issue you're having?

Is it with the Dropbox Paper app?

Any additional details will be helpful.

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    tu3 New member | Level 2
    MaximusMercurius Helpful | Level 6
    junn New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?