cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Brown icon in left bottom corner of my files

Brown icon in left bottom corner of my files

Mani26750
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

On several files, I have a brown icons in left bottom corner of my files.(see below)

in fact, in the same folder, there are green logos on fils but sometime there are brown logo

I want import this files in Lightroom but  seem that files with brown logo can't be import.

So :

1/ What mean brown logo ? 

2/ How can I "fix" it to import files in lightroom ?  

Thank you

Mani26750_0-1653211384087.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

The brown logo isnt a Dropbox one. My guess is you've enabled the Briefcase function in Windows: https://www.techmesto.com/how-to-enable-briefcase-feature-in-windows-10

This is not supported in Dropbox and Dropbox can only sync/use/work with files that are in its own directory. So to use them you need to move the files directly in to Dropbox rather than just linked. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

The brown logo isnt a Dropbox one. My guess is you've enabled the Briefcase function in Windows: https://www.techmesto.com/how-to-enable-briefcase-feature-in-windows-10

This is not supported in Dropbox and Dropbox can only sync/use/work with files that are in its own directory. So to use them you need to move the files directly in to Dropbox rather than just linked. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mani26750
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank your for your reply but I don't understand one thing.

Indee ; you have written :  "So to use them you need to move the files directly in to Dropbox rather than just linked. "

Files in dropboxs come from a supplier ans files were in the dropbox cloud

I have synchronisae them to have files on my computers few day ago

Then , Yesteraday or the day before yesterday, I have did a copy past on some files and it seem that this logo appears for this action.

So I don't understand when you say "So to use them you need to move the files directly in to Dropbox rather than just linked. beacause for me they are already

Thank you for your help

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Mani26750 wrote:

On several files, I have a brown icons in left bottom corner of my files.(see below)

@Mark is correct; the box icon overlay isn't part of Dropbox. It's part of OneDrive, and it's interfering with your Dropbox. You'll need to disable OneDrive or find a way to get it to stop syncing your Dropbox as well.

Kim chao
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,May i ask have you fix this now?I also got this with my win11 computer,it's super annoying and I have tried many methods,but both of them dons't work,unless uninstall the onedrive

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Kim chao, I hope you’re doing great! 

Since this icon isn’t related to Dropbox, I’m afraid you’ll need to get in touch with Microsoft for further support.

If you need something else though, give me a nudge.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Kim chao
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,Nancy,

thanks for your reply, since many people said that this is caused by the onedrive, I have tried to unlink and uninstall the onedrive from my computer,but the files in my dropbox still has this brown box icon,and I still hard to sync files with dropbox,and even it will lead the crush of my windows explorer

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Kim chao, when you say you have a hard time syncing your content to Dropbox, could you let me know more of this? 

What is the problem you're facing? Also, is OneDrive installed to your device at the moment? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Kim chao
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,Megan,thanks for your reply. Yes,I have onedrive on my computer , once I want to open a file in the dropbox it will not syncing and will not only cause the crush od DB,but also the windows explorer. Since many people said that this leads by the onedrive.t I also have tried to remove the Onedrive from my computer ,but still has this problem.

And I have also find another thing about this,I have three computers and both of them loggin a dropbox account,but it seems just working well in the computer which is the first one with Db, neither of both other two computers(one win10 and one win11) which logged in to DB later could not working well. so I guess this is may not the problem of Onedrive and win11, but the problem of DB in Multible devices.

Kim chao
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have found another thing about this, I have three computers and both of them loggin a dropbox account,but it seems just working well in the computer which is the first one with Db, neither of both other two computers(one win10 and one win11) which logged in to DB later could not working well. so I guess this is may not the problem of Onedrive and win11, but the problem of DB in Multiple devices.

Need more support?