cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Just updated iPhone and iPad to iOS 14.2. Now, trying to open an encrypted file, it tell me "Decryption Failed. Null" If I open with Excel, it works fine. Anyone else having this issue?

259 Replies 259

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Yes, same with Excel. Hopefully Daphne from Dropbox will get back to me with an answer today.

Iaincars
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

The problem isnt with dropbox its with ios 14.2. I cant open a password protected file attached to an email since I upgraded.

If I detach the file and save to my iphone then use the mobile version of excel it works ok.

Nealwald
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Same issue trying to open excel files won’t iOS 14.2,from mobile outlook. File dirs open directly from excel. This seems to be an iOS 14.2 issue. Apple needs to take note ASAP.

Rsauser
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes.  I just had the identical error message appear.

Keedot
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem here on my Ipad and iphone

All Excel files with password protection give a decryption error when tryong to open them after giving the correct password.

I Saw this also happens With SYNC  (another cloud service)

So it is a Apple IOS 14.2 problem.

drentheman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

After an update WORD and EXEL by Microsoft, the problem has been  solved.

Iaincars
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
If you mean version 2.43 from a day ago then I have this installed but the problem remains

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Laincars is correct, the issue is not resolved!

Stephen_NY
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Sorry, the MS update did NOT resolve the problem for me.  I updated my MS Office over a week ago. The problem really seems to be the iOS 14.2 update.  Everything was working fine until I updated my iPad and iPhone.  Immediately aferwards I had the problem with encrypted documents not opening in DropBox.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there everyone, thank you all so much for your updates here!

If anyone is still having this issue after ensuring the Dropbox and Excel app are updated, we'd like to have a look further into this with our team too.

Please submit a ticket with the team with the options available to you (based on your account's plan) here, and then let me know the ticket number you receive (eg. #1234567) so I can follow up with you there.

If you have any trouble submitting a ticket, just let me know and I can assist from my side.

Look forward to hearing back from you all - cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    Everitt Explorer | Level 3
    RRB74 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?