cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 429 link is temporarily disabled / Generating Too much traffic

Error 429 link is temporarily disabled / Generating Too much traffic

Morales
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Ok can someone tell me why All my files generate too much traffic ?
and how to resolve this problem???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Karina
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Morales thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Please note that there are different ways for accounts to hit the traffic limits and lead to ban on their account. The Error 429, for example, typically occurs when shared links on your account receive a traffic ban. 

To find out more about shared linksclick here and to read up on banned links traffic limits, click here.

As the Error 429 typically occurs when shared links on your account receive a traffic ban, it looks like your links are currently disabled. 

Since you mentioned submitting an official request on this, if you'd like, feel free to get back to me with the ticket ID associated with your request, so I can locate it on our back-end and follow up with you via email. ðŸ’Œ

Thanks and happy Friday! 

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Karina
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@Morales wrote:

Ok can someone tell me why All my files generate too much traffic ?

Simply put:

-too many people are viewing them constantly

OR

-the files have been blocked for another reason (virus/DCMA take down/illegal etc.)

The only thing to do is contact www.dropbox.com/support and ask for help. 

Once the ticket is logged you can track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

Also, you logged this in a Feature Requests area so I've moved it to the right one for you.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Morales
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Sory about it I didn't know where to put this topic exactly
Any way there must be some thing wrong with Drop Box because I just uploaded random picture and zip file with some content both are legal don't have virus and the size of my zip file is 150MB where limit is 20 GB so all the requirements are met so the question is Wut is wrong ??? Edit: and yes I checked the direct download right after I uploaded it

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You'll need to a ticket I'm afraid. Nobody here can assist as its a public forum.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Morales
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I did it already, hope this will be resolved soon 🙂

Karina
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Morales thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Please note that there are different ways for accounts to hit the traffic limits and lead to ban on their account. The Error 429, for example, typically occurs when shared links on your account receive a traffic ban. 

To find out more about shared linksclick here and to read up on banned links traffic limits, click here.

As the Error 429 typically occurs when shared links on your account receive a traffic ban, it looks like your links are currently disabled. 

Since you mentioned submitting an official request on this, if you'd like, feel free to get back to me with the ticket ID associated with your request, so I can locate it on our back-end and follow up with you via email. ðŸ’Œ

Thanks and happy Friday! 

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Karina
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Karina Dropbox Staff
    Morales Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?