cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: File download stopping part way through

File download stopping part way through

amelling
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a mov file on my dropbox. It is 4.6gb. I would like this file to be on my PC.

I can play the video in my browser. I can't download it onto my PC. It stops downloading at ~1.4gb. The help website suggested that 1gb is the largest size you can download without the desktop software. So I installed the desktop software. This file just does not appear in the Dropbox folder in Windows Explorer, only the smaller files saved in my dropbox are appearing in the software, so that's not helping at all.

How can I download this file?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amelling
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks, it downloaded, eventually.

The software was automatically downloading the file, I just didn't find out for hours. There was no visual indication in the Dropbox folder in Windows Explorer. The software itself seemed to have no GUI of its own. I eventually found the information in the hidden system tray icons, several hours later, when it was about 90% downloaded.

I now have the file, and I've uninstalled the software.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @amelling, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

You should be able to download this file with no problems normally. Have you tried another browser at all?

If you did and this persists, could you send us a screenshot of the exact error you're getting so that we can have a visual too?

When it comes to the desktop app, is it 'up to date' in your menu bar/system tray or is it still syncing?

Keep us posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

amelling
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks, it downloaded, eventually.

The software was automatically downloading the file, I just didn't find out for hours. There was no visual indication in the Dropbox folder in Windows Explorer. The software itself seemed to have no GUI of its own. I eventually found the information in the hidden system tray icons, several hours later, when it was about 90% downloaded.

I now have the file, and I've uninstalled the software.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm glad to hear it's sorted now @amelling

See you around and take care!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?