cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't like the change in format, how to go back?

I don't like the change in format, how to go back?

nicolaitan666
Explorer | Level 4

there is a new format for viewing 

is there any way to get back to the old format

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II

@nicolaitan666  wrote:

there is a new format for viewing 

is there any way to get back to the old format

What, exactly, are you referring to? Viewing what, and where? On your computer, a mobile device, the Dropbox website? Please be specific so we know how best to help you.

nicolaitan666
Explorer | Level 4

thank you for getting back to me

on computer

the images are small and the only way to advance is to click in the upper portion of the page

i used to be able to expand the pages and fill the screen and scroll instead of having a large white rectangle surrounding the image and having to enlarge each individual image going back and forth for each one

the image against the white background decreases sensitivity

hope i explained this adequately -- advanced age limits my understanding of how these machines work

simonDBX
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi @nicolaitan666 , I'm a product manager here at Dropbox. Thanks for sharing this feedback!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you want to be able to enlarge the size of file thumbnails (previews) when you're browsing through multiple of  them while on the Dropbox website (particularly on grid view)? 

If that's the case, we are currently working on a way to allow you to have more control over the size of those files and folders so that you can enlarge or shrink them to your need.

nicolaitan666
Explorer | Level 4

thank you for response

i get a lot of things of which there is information on perhaps one in five

previously the image came up, i enlarged it at the bottom of the page, and scrolled through

hopefully the upcoming improvement will solve the problem

will i get a notification?
thanks.

Yara Gisela
New member | Level 2

Buenas tardes, por favor, quisiera saber cĂłmo puedo volver a ver desde la computadora las carpetas con la imagen de una carpeta. No me gusta PARA NADA que al abrir me encuentre con carpetas que lo que se ven son algunas de las imágenes o archivos que hay dentro. Es realmente incĂłmodo ver esa cantidad de archivos, confunde y enreda más. Se veĂ­a más limpio y ordenado entrar y ver todas las carpetas con la misma portada que era la imagen de una carpeta. Y lo raro es que me salen algunas carpetas asĂ­ y otras con la actualizaciĂłn, lo que hace más incĂłmoda la exploraciĂłn por la interfaz. Espero estarme explicando y que, por favor, me facilite una soluciĂłn. No sĂ© si asĂ­ me explico mejor: NO soporto las vistas previas de las fotos. Es mucho más difĂ­cil navegar a travĂ©s de las carpetas ahora porque me distraen las imágenes en lugar de simplemente mirar los nombres de las carpetas, que tambiĂ©n nombro de una manera que me dice quĂ© es sin tener que entrar en la carpeta. Muchas personas que usan Dropbox son personas muy orientadas a lo visual, por lo que el caos de los collages de fotos tiene un mayor impacto. Definitivamente interrumpe mi flujo de trabajo. Mil gracias de antemano. 

nicolaitan666
Explorer | Level 4

si

mucho mas dificil

nicolaitan666
Explorer | Level 4

amazing

searching my aging and failing memory, recalled irfanview 32 bit

presents dropbox using the old format

salvation

working ( till the next upgrade)

Need more support?