cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New files added, are not synced to shared folder

New files added, are not synced to shared folder

Emmanuel65
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I have been given access to a collegue’s dropbox. Alter creation of my own basic Dropbox account i successfully downloaded his complete file folder content but when i want to add a new file is not synchronised to the shared environnement (it is only stores locally)
I would appreciate any help. Many thanks Emmanuel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Emmanuel65 wrote:

Alter creation of my own basic Dropbox account i successfully downloaded his complete file folder content but when i want to add a new file is not synchronised to the shared environnement ...

Were you invited to join a shared folder where upon acceptance, the folder automatically appeared in your account, or were you sent a shared link to the folder and you had to save it to your own account?

If it was the latter, you were sent a view-only link that only allows you to view or download the files. You don't have edit access to the original folder and it doesn't sync to the original.

In order for files you add to the folder to sync back to the owner's folder, they need to invite you to join the share.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Emmanuel65 wrote:

Alter creation of my own basic Dropbox account i successfully downloaded his complete file folder content but when i want to add a new file is not synchronised to the shared environnement ...

Were you invited to join a shared folder where upon acceptance, the folder automatically appeared in your account, or were you sent a shared link to the folder and you had to save it to your own account?

If it was the latter, you were sent a view-only link that only allows you to view or download the files. You don't have edit access to the original folder and it doesn't sync to the original.

In order for files you add to the folder to sync back to the owner's folder, they need to invite you to join the share.

Emmanuel65
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you so much for your prompt and accurate return !. I have received a shared link instead of an invitation to join the share. That's exactly the case.

Best wishes

Emmanuel

Jona Jones
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Photos not appearing in a group Dropbox from the USA to a UK dropBox. any thoughts as to why?

Thanks, Jona

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Jona Jones, welcome to our Community! 

Can you share some additional info with me, please? Is the content shared? 

What do you mean when you say group Dropbox? 

Let me know more! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jona Jones
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Megan. I am in a private FaceBook group. it is a photography learning group and as members, we put photos into a drop box that the DSLR Guru can then download the photos and we have an evening when they critique them on Streamyard. A lady in Los Angeles puts her photos on via a link to the Drop Box but they do not seem to be appearing on our end in the UK. I hope this makes it a bit clearer. Please as more questions if you need to. I will not be able to answer anything until Saturday so please do not think I am ignoring you and thank you for your help. Jona

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Jona Jones, what exactly is happening when you view the link on the site? Are there no files visible, does the link not load?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Jona Jones
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

It does not seem to appear in the Wednesday dropbox but it seems to appear in the Friday Droopbox . they are part of the same shared dropbox. so very weird. Seeing what happens as we go on and see if I can find out more.

Thanks.

Jona

elegantwi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My dropbox is updating ok, 

But recently I have shared two folders with my friends (different friends), and both of them are not updating/syncing. 

Please suggest a solution.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there, @elegantwi, let's jump right into this! 

Did you use the app or website to share your folders? Are you able to see the folders in your Dropbox account online?

Also, feel free to let me know the app's exact syncing status

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    elegantwi New member | Level 2
    Jona Jones Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?