cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blurry pdf viewed from browser

blurry pdf viewed from browser

Sitaifun
Helpful | Level 5

I've had a pdf file stored on dropbox for years; it was perfectly clear, but now when viewed in the browser it is blurry, so much so that the text is not readable. It is clear when downloaded; the problem only occurs when viewed on dropbox in the browser. I found a similar thread from about 3 years ago (https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/Some-of-my-pdf-files-appear-blurry-when-I-m-vi...) and it seems that no resolution has been found. Any chance of a way to fix this?

60 Replies 60

eddrop1
Helpful | Level 6

This is a problem Dropbox has had before as a little Googling will show.

If I download the file I displays fine in the browser. This is strictly a view within dropbox on web issue.

FWAtherton
Helpful | Level 6

Aha - I see how to force the download, but that's no help to me - I need some outside/any user to be able to see my existing PDFs in your preview pane UNblurred.

FWAtherton
Helpful | Level 6

Agreed Ed - what's INFURIATING is that Dropbox doesn't fix the issue, which renders their platform nearly useless to me.  And they've had this issue, as you note, for YEARS, and all their tech staff do are give answers little better than "have you tried restarting your computer" (nearly.).

eddrop1
Helpful | Level 6

Replying to FWA - I just recently started having the problem and I have used Dropbox for years. I have a free account - maybe they are trying to get rid of me!

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Is the Dropbox preview pane required for your workflow? Does the preview without the pane show the full version of the file itself?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

FWAtherton
Helpful | Level 6

Heya Ed - same here - never had this problem before, and a free user, but there's no way I'd upgrade without them fixing this...pfft

FWAtherton
Helpful | Level 6

Jay: The Preview pane is what any prospective employer  (client or firm hiring person) is going to view/see first, and first impressions MATTER.  

Right now, Dropbox is giving a very poor extended impression.

Nobody seems to have identified what's causing this issue, across multiple browsers for lots of users.  This is in YOUR court.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

We are currently experiencing issues related to sharing, so it's possible it could be affecting previews on shared links.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

eddrop1
Helpful | Level 6

Is this how to report an actual bug and by that I mean a behavior that is being experienced by enough users to rule out user error?

If not I guess I am done posting here

Emma19
New member | Level 2
I uploaded several PDF files to Dropbox. It seemed fine until yesterday they were blurry when opened in the browser. Does anyone know why it happens and if so how to fix it? Thanks in advance...
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

sdonell Helpful | Level 6
    almendili Explorer | Level 4
    lynh_li New member | Level 2
    gwen6 New member | Level 2
    liz5869 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?