cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"view document" DB link in e-mail gets DB error message - wont open the doc presumably loaded to DB

"view document" DB link in e-mail gets DB error message - wont open the doc presumably loaded to DB

sez333
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Win11 desktop/ Link in e-mail from trusted sender to “view document” in DB results in error when clicked. It was sent before I had a DB account. Now I have an account & attempted DB install. I have access to a DB home page with upload function, labels of files in google cloud etc though the top banner says “get started by downloading DB on your computer”. Win11  settings/apps section shows a folder for DropBox with 2 contents, DB that takes me to the DB sign-in, home page & a symbol for my browser.  I think its installed. Should the sender repeat the process now that i have an account & downloaded the app?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@sez333 wrote:

That didn't work for some reason

That usually indicates a problem with the link. Either the link was removed or the file was deleted. You'll need to ask the owner for a new link.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@sez333 wrote:

Link in e-mail from trusted sender to “view document” in DB results in error when clicked.

What's the error? Can you provide a screenshot, being sure to mask any private information?

sez333
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

no option here to add an attachView document wont open  - DropBox.jpgment / jpg

Hope this works. Its a JPG of the e-mail I received with subject line "I sent you a document on drop box" & a photo of the response when "view document" was clicked

sez333
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Forgot to add, VPN was off during the process

sez333
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Forgot to add again, used the same e-mail address when the DB account was set-up today as the sender used on the "view document" request e-mail sent to me

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@sez333 wrote:

That didn't work for some reason

That usually indicates a problem with the link. Either the link was removed or the file was deleted. You'll need to ask the owner for a new link.

sez333
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank-you

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

sez333 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?