cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox doesn't work on my Mackbook Pro M1 13"

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

_robin_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Please can you upgrade the Dropbox app so that it works natively on Apple Silicon Macs (M1) without Rosetta.

Rosetta is not an option as it annihilates the battery.

This may be a duplicate of the below idea however that started for ARM processors in general and you haven't looked at it in 6 years so starting an Apple specific idea in the hope you see it.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Desktop-app-with-syncing-for-devices-with-ARM-processo...

There are also lots of comments on this thread to help support the case for demand: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropbox-Apple-Silicon-M1-install/td-p/... 

496 Replies 496

snmorbe
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

@jlaguna and @Emmet and @jekratz Our problem is solved. We got the update this morning: 3 March 2022. So now we also have native apple silicon. I can see this in the system overview (click on about Apple, system overview, apps) and I can see this in de Activity Monitor. It is also another version number, no longer 142.4.4197. So there was an update this morning and everything is working fine.

Thanks to all!

jlaguna
Experienced | Level 12
Go to solution

@snmorbe Glad to hear it!

Michael C.143
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

It seems I have the native version, but I still see one Intel process. Why would this be?

Screenshot 2022-07-10 at 12.45.09.png

jlaguna
Experienced | Level 12
Go to solution

@Michael C.143 Perhaps there were vestiges of the Intel version remained when you were updated? I would use something like App Cleaner and Uninstaller to do a complete uninstallation and then reinstall the latest (non-beta) version via the Dropbox website.

jekratz
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Dumb question but did you reboot? That seems like a stuck process that's hanging out but using no CPU time.

Richard115
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That should be stated as follows: Apple supports your archaic legacy Intel binaries via Rosetta. Apple has it. Not you, You took no action.

But even if Rosetta is a remarkable piece of software engineering (done by Apple, not you), you would know if you had even the least idea that your bloated software uses more resources than a virtual machine.

Apple supports everything; you don't.

Richard115
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Michael C.143

Maybe there were still traces of the Intel version when you updated? I would completely uninstall everything using a programme like App Cleaner and Uninstaller, then reinstall the most recent (non-beta)  version via the Dropbox website.

Need more support?